Late Night town won't load [Mac]

by roarri99

Original Post

Late Night town won't load [Mac]

★★ Novice

Hello! I bought the Sims 3 a while ago in Disk format (mac) and have used this many times. I recently bought the Late Night expansion pack on Origin. While I have my disk in my computer, I press Play on the Late Night icon and it doesn't load the new Late Night town (Bridgeport), it just gives the option of Sunset Valley... 

Also just as I press Play on Late Night it comes up with the product code and says to copy it to clipboard, but it never asks me to enter it in anywhere?

Is there something I am not doing, to access Late Night?

Thank you!! Standard smile xx

Message 1 of 5 (413 Views)

Re: Late Night town won't load [Mac]

@roarri99

Hello again Standard smile

When you copy the product code to the clipboard the normal TS3 installer should be opening up for you to run the installation. When prompted for the product code you then paste it (CMD + V) into the boxes. It sounds like it hasn't yet installed. Is the installer opening behind Origin so you can't see it?

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 2 of 5 (406 Views)

★★ Novice

Hello, thanks again!! Standard smile

As soon as I installed Origin I think I put in a product code of some sort and then downloaded Late night and it still says "1 of 1 - Installation Complete (The Sims 3 Late Night Expansion Pack)" at the bottom. So I thought it had installed?

And then when I click Play on the Late Night Picture, it comes up with "Play through an external Application..... Product code.... copy to clip board" and just gives me the option to Play or Cancel and there is no other installer anywhere when I move around the windows...

Message 3 of 5 (403 Views)

@roarri99

The external application is the TS3 installer. Is Late Night showing up in Applications > The Sims 3 > Late Night? Have you tried launching the game from there rather than Origin?

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 4 of 5 (393 Views)

★★ Novice

Hey! Late reply I know, haha.. Yes it does and I've tried that.. still no luck. I have no idea what's wrong with it. Now my standard Sims game won't even load at all. I'm going to ask for a refund I think lol. 

Thanks for the help! Standard smile

Message 5 of 5 (381 Views)