Re: Kernel Panic TS4 Crashing on MacOS Catalina

by puzzlezaddict

Original Post

[ Edited ]

@death-flower246 

You can’t compare your MacBook to a MacBook Pro. The current models and previous 15” have powerful 6-core and 8-core processors and dedicated AMD 4GB or 8GB GPUs, your MacBook has a low spec dual core Intel mobile processor with an integrated graphics chip and no internal fan to cool it down. 15” and 16” MacBook Pros have two fans and multiple vents. Your issue isn’t the OS, it is the limitations of your Mac hardware. 

If I had your MacBook I wouldn’t have the game anywhere near it and especially now that it’s displaying overheating symptoms. But that’s me, it’s your Mac Standard smile

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 11 of 17 (530 Views)

Re: Sims 4 crash on Mac

★ Apprentice

Same problem for me too guys. The problem is exactly like this and I have even seen users having this problem with their brand-new MacBook Pros. I am hopeless and frustrated. This is so annoying! I just want to play the game. Besides TS4 is not like TS3 needing that much processing power. That's why they got rid of full world map. 

Message 12 of 17 (510 Views)

Re: Sims 4 on 16 inch MacBook Pro

★ Apprentice
@puzzlezaddict Hey I might having this kind of issue. Could you do that for me too?

Number: 0
Name (driver): Intel HD Graphics 5300
Name (database): Intel(R) HD Graphics 5300 [Found: 1, Supported: 1]
Vendor: Intel
Chipset: Vendor: 8086, Device: 161e, Board: 0000013e, Chipset: 0009
Driver: macOS Metal driver, Version: 0.0.0.0
Driver version: 0
Monitor: 00000000
Texture memory: 1536MB
Vertex program: 3.0
Pixel program: 3.0
Hardware TnL: 0
Opt. features: -d24s8

TY
Message 13 of 17 (505 Views)

@death-flower246  Hi, I've merged your new post into your existing thread.  Thanks for the info.  Is this still about the same laptop as before?  If so, the issue is as Bluebellflora has stated: this laptop was not designed to carry the load you're putting on it.  Some MacBooks will hold up okay for a while, but a kernel panic isn't at all a surprising result.

As your config.log shows, your graphics card is already in the database.  So there's nothing to be done by adding it.  You can lower all the graphics settings to the minimum to see if it helps, and of course try to help the laptop cool better.  But with your current hardware, there's not much else you can do.  In your position, I'd be worrying that trying to play Sims 4 was damaging my laptop, not that the game was crashing.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 14 of 17 (488 Views)

★ Apprentice
@puzzlezaddict Hey, I finally found this message I was looking for it in other topic. Thank you for checking it for me. The symptoms were so much similar then I thought I would need to add a line like others. This is the same laptop which I have used. I had never overheating issues before with this mac and as how @Bluebellflora said, I lowered the graphic options and managed to run. At first I had a crash while trying to reach options menu, but when I reopen the system right after TS4 was working with no heat because I was already unchecked the retina display box and played for 20 mins. I wonder why I had no overheating issue before Catalina. This has never happened before and I was running it with medium with no heat.
In anyway, I thank everyone who were helpful for me but I am sure this has sth to do with Catalina 10.15.4 release. Please do not lock this topic right after this message for that I still may have help
Message 15 of 17 (479 Views)

★ Apprentice
@death-flower246 Hello as an update to the M1 chip users of Mac, my Macbook has shut down has never started again guys. I have sold it for parts, now I changed a model which has a fan. I have a MacBook Air 2011 model, my previous work laptop was successfully running TS4 (Macbook air 2015 model). Maybe there was an issue on thecomplete whole board with my cracked macbook. Thank you guys.
Message 16 of 17 (374 Views)

@death-flower246

Thanks for the update. So you're now playing the Legacy Edition on a 2011 MacBook Air?

Since you last posted, did you get a new Mac with M1 chip? Just trying to figure out your comment as they are very different to Intel equipped Macs Standard smile

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 17 of 17 (365 Views)