Re: Kernel Panic + Mac Crashing (No Mods/CC) 64Bit

by death-flower246

Original Post

Kernel Panic TS4 Crashing on MacOS Catalina

★ Apprentice

Hello everyone,

I have read most of the topics on the forum and read tons of articles regarding to this crash. The main problem is that when it comes to load neighborhood it crashes and I see nothing on the screen. (I both tried to load from save and a fresh start by carrying TS4 folder on desktop).

I have never experienced performance issues with my Macbook (2015 Metal supported I guess) before. This happened to occur yesterday and I am unable to play now. At first I thought the laptop was off when I see the black screen but I noticed that I do not need to reset SMC NVRAM every single time. I was doing these just to make my Mac run again but instead the quick way was to turn it off by normally resetting then turning on again because I noticed that the system was already on when I noticed that the surface was warm.

Formerly, I thought that these shut downs were occurring randomly because I experienced this while not playing game, too. But yesterday I experienced this Kernel issue on the same task which is performed while loading the neighborhood. 

I feel like I have no other thing to do than reinstalling MacOS but I slightly feel like this is a Mac OS Catalina issue. I remember in summer, there were no randomly shutting down issues. I tried to reach helpdesk of EA but the connection was lost or  I was intentionally ignored for that there is no specific solution for my state. I also tried to reach a GeniusBar but due to coronavirus concerns there are no one to help me. I chatted with their online helpdesk but they were not really helpful, sounded like just to complete cases with no complaint.

I have no idea right now. If anyone who is experiencing this issue please help me. 

(Also, I attached the file of the error report shown right after the restart.)

Message 4 of 17 (1,153 Views)

Game crashing

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Hello,

I am having the same issue with the owner of the topic. Since I am not able to create a new topic, I need to update here.

I am running TS4 on my Macbook which is released on 2015. My state is mainly the same but my game is not freezing, it is like mainly crashing and I need to reset the MacBook every single time when it crashes. Other than that, I had a specific report right after I open my Macbook and saved the report. 

It's a bit long, so I am not able to paste here.

Message 1 of 17 (1,196 Views)

★★ Novice
@death-flower246 same exact issue since November, haven't been able to play since then. https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-Mac/sims-4-November-2019-crashing-Mac/m-p/8458927#M24306 check this thread out
Message 2 of 17 (1,168 Views)

@MiaStoneAge @death-flower246

Which version of macOS are you both running?

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 3 of 17 (1,160 Views)

Re: Kernel Panic TS4 Crashing on MacOS Catalina

@death-flower246

Thanks for the more detailed info (I've merged your other post into this one).

It's highly likely that your Mac is crashing and restarting because it is overheating. Sims 4 is a resource heavy game that needs a good processor and decent graphics card. Your MacBook is incredibly underpowered to play the game and doesn't have a fan to cool it down. When it gets too hot the operating system throttles power to the game to stop it overheating, but this will have a limit. When you push it too hard it will crash and turn itself off to protect the hardware from damage. Computers get hot, very hot, when playing games on them. MacBooks are great computers for what they were designed for but gaming was not one of them. If you carry on putting your Mac through this you could cause irreparable damage to the components.

AHQSigImage.png
Message 5 of 17 (1,140 Views)

★ Apprentice
@Bluebellflora Hello , I have seen you are very helpful on many topics. Thank you for you attention and interest. Standard smile I am running MacOS Catalina 10.15.4
Message 6 of 17 (1,134 Views)

★ Apprentice
@Bluebellflora Hello, thank you for your replies and merging this topic. The most upsetting and weird thing is that I have never had this crash before. In comparison to TS3, TS4 provided me much more lightweight gaming experience which I liked it most for. It slightly feels like the softwares are overlapping as it crashes just like in the same second as if it crashes when reading the same command line (not sure what overlaps while loading the household) Yesterday I played it for hours but now I am not able to load neighborhood. Frown Hope every simmer in this forum may have a solution for that. Frown
Message 7 of 17 (1,124 Views)

@death-flower246

Yes, it may be something happening in the game which is more resource heavy and therefore demanding more from your Mac. Have you installed CC which could be causing it?

I would be more concerned about the potential damage being done to my Mac through overheating and restarting though.

AHQSigImage.png
Message 8 of 17 (1,097 Views)

★ Apprentice
@MiaStoneAge Thank you very much for your reply. I am sorry for that you haven't been able to play since November. That's a huge gap and I was finally about to find the perfect life in the game Frown So you think this November update is not stabile. Which MacOs you are running?
Message 9 of 17 (1,088 Views)

★ Apprentice
@Bluebellflora Hello, I have never used CC in my game since I left TS3. Do you think that reinstalling Mac OS may bring a solution? I am researching on Mac Os Catalina overheating issues which I have heard affecting even the latest MacBook pro models. Or should I downgrade my OS?
Message 10 of 17 (1,009 Views)