Kelly

by Ineeddeadpool

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Kelly

★ Novice

I had to uninstall Sims 3 University life to fix something else on my Mac, but now I'm trying to redownload it and it won't let me download it. How can I fix this?

Message 1 of 6 (399 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Kelly

@Ineeddeadpool  This issue has been affecting mac users (and some players running Windows) for several months now.  There's no proper fix yet, but there is a mac-specific workaround that helps most people.

First, run the Origin reset tool for macs:

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/origin/origin/how-to-reset-origin-on-mac/

When you sign in again, you'll be asked if you want to keep Origin and your games up to date (and whether you want to participate in Origin betas and share hardware information).  Uncheck the box.  Once Origin has loaded, hover over your username and select Application Settings.  Under Application (the first tab), enable automatic game updates.  Quit Origin and sign in again.  You should automatically be offered a download of University Life, as well as any other packs you own.  You can of course decline any downloads you don't want on an individual basis.

If this workaround doesn't help you, please post back so that I know to update you if and when the issue is permanently fixed.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.

View in thread

Message 2 of 6 (382 Views)

All Replies

@Ineeddeadpool  This issue has been affecting mac users (and some players running Windows) for several months now.  There's no proper fix yet, but there is a mac-specific workaround that helps most people.

First, run the Origin reset tool for macs:

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/origin/origin/how-to-reset-origin-on-mac/

When you sign in again, you'll be asked if you want to keep Origin and your games up to date (and whether you want to participate in Origin betas and share hardware information).  Uncheck the box.  Once Origin has loaded, hover over your username and select Application Settings.  Under Application (the first tab), enable automatic game updates.  Quit Origin and sign in again.  You should automatically be offered a download of University Life, as well as any other packs you own.  You can of course decline any downloads you don't want on an individual basis.

If this workaround doesn't help you, please post back so that I know to update you if and when the issue is permanently fixed.

Message 2 of 6 (383 Views)

★ Novice

@puzzlezaddict Thank you so much! 

I will try that! Question if I do that do I have to download all my Sims games against? Or just the Sims University life?

Message 3 of 6 (373 Views)

@Ineeddeadpool  Origin won't, or at least shouldn't, offer you downloads of any packs you already have installed.  But even if it does, you can decline by clicking the X in the upper right corner of the pop up (the screen that's supposed to show up and list the download path when you press the Download button).  The same goes for other games you might own—you should have the option to accept or decline.  Even if some other download is listed in the queue in the lower left corner, you can pause or cancel it.

Message 4 of 6 (371 Views)

★ Novice

@puzzlezaddictAwesome! I'll let you know if it work. Thank you again for your help, and time!

Message 5 of 6 (359 Views)

★ Novice

@puzzlezaddict@ It work! Thank you so much I really appreciate it!

Message 6 of 6 (340 Views)