Re: Keep getting Unknown Error when trying to launch?

by Bluebellflora

Original Post

★★★ Novice

Okay, it installed correctly and the patch seemed to work. Then, when I selected the star button, I received the following message:

"No game disc found. Please instert The Sims 3 game disc before proceeding."

The game was reinstalled from the Origins app, as the original disc was damaged beyond repair.

What now? I was really looking forward to playing the game without the need for disks (ergo the 6+ Gb download size).

Message 11 of 18 (536 Views)

@hexhandy

Did you download the correct patch for the digital download? It's Region 17. And you definitely went into the hidden lIbrary folder and deleted all the files listed?

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 12 of 18 (530 Views)

★★★ Novice

The patch I used was: To-9355-1.67.2.024017. And yes, I followed the instructions from your link to the letter.

Message 13 of 18 (525 Views)

@hexhandy

Ugh. Can you re-download and install the patch again? Completely uninstalling again and reinstalling can sometimes fix it but it's such a hassle. Do you have World Adventures? If so try installing that and seeing if it works. In fact, try any EP/SP apart from Late Night, Ambitions, Fast Lane and Outdoor Living.

AHQSigImage.png
Message 14 of 18 (521 Views)

★★★ Novice

I used to have 4 of the expansions, but I was stupid to not register them, and the discs are toast. I'm not really keen on re-purchasing all fo the expansions again at $20/each. So frustrating. World Adventures was the one I used the most.

I will DL/reinstall the patch yet again. If it doesn't work, I'll uninstall/reinstall the game and snip the relevant files in the libraries and preferences. I'll post an addendum if the superpatch reinstall doesn't fix the issue.

Message 15 of 18 (517 Views)

★★★ Novice

Okay, reinstalling the superpatch worked. I must have installed the US version and not the digital version. Thanks ever so much. You are awesome! Standard smile

Message 16 of 18 (504 Views)

@hexhandy

That's great news! Yes, you must install the digital version , not the regional disc one.

AHQSigImage.png
Message 17 of 18 (478 Views)

EA app Team

Thanks @Bluebellflora, and hi @hexhandy,

I'm glad to read you could make the base game work.

To answer you about those 4 expansion packs - unfortunately, if you don't have your game codes, nor your discs, and you never registered your games in Origin or thesims3.com, it's a difficult situation, as you don't have a proof of purchase.

If you have a receipt of the purchase of those games, I would suggest to contact our advisors and explain the situation to them, but I cannot guarantee they will be able to help. There's no harm in trying. Wink

Good luck,

-Mai

Message 18 of 18 (471 Views)