Re: Katy Perry's Sweet Treats 64bit Entitlement

by fantuanss

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Katy Perry's Sweet Treats 64bit Entitlement

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Hello, hope you're all well and can help me out. 

I recently got a copy of Katy Perry's Sweet Treats to fully complete my Sims 3 collection on Origin. I was able to redeem the serial code through the Sims 3 site to add the pack to my origin account and it is appearing in my library.

The problem is I own a Mac and unfortunately the pack can't be downloaded as I don't have an entitlement to the 64bit version of the pack. I've had to get an advisor to manually grant entitlements to every pack previously which is why when I got KPST I thought it'd be a cinch to get sorted but here we are. 

I spoke to two advisors on the live chat earlier who told me that there is no such version of this pack, but, if you see the EA support thread attached it looks like a 64bit Mac version does in fact exist in the first screenshot of the thread: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-Mac/64x-Entitlement-issue-Showtime-Katy-Perry-edition/td-...

I'm just really confused? Is it really not a thing? I'm hoping someone on here can give clarity on this. Thanks.

Message 1 of 9 (1,460 Views)

Accepted Solution

@ItsCrazyCookie  The EA advisors are incorrect, obviously, but they still can't grant you the pack.  While the process did work for a while, it's no longer possible to manually grant KPST to an account, even if it's just granting the 64-bit entitlement.  I'm sorry to say it, but there's nothing you can do here.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.

View in thread

Message 2 of 9 (1,395 Views)

All Replies

@ItsCrazyCookie  The EA advisors are incorrect, obviously, but they still can't grant you the pack.  While the process did work for a while, it's no longer possible to manually grant KPST to an account, even if it's just granting the 64-bit entitlement.  I'm sorry to say it, but there's nothing you can do here.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 9 (1,396 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

@puzzlezaddict I see, that's disappointing but at least I have a clear answer now. Thanks so much! (Edited to tag correctly).

Message 3 of 9 (1,375 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

@ItsCrazyCookie I had told to support rep about 64 bit entitlement few days ago, the support rep said that there's no seperated 64 bit version of Katy Perry's Sweet Treats, the 32 bit version automatically work with the 64 bit version. Is it possible to download it at 32 bit version - > stuff pack - > and download the pack there? 

Message 4 of 9 (1,358 Views)

★★ Novice
@fantuanss I gave this a try on my old macOS Mojave machine and I could download/install the 32bit pack, but unfortunately it didn't appear when launching the 64bit version of TS3. It looks like if I want to use this pack I'll have to use the 32bit version of the game on my old machine. Which is a shame because I am upgrading to an M1 mac soon and I won't be able to install it on there. Oh well, at least every other pack will work. Thanks for the suggestion though, I appreciate the help!
Message 5 of 9 (1,321 Views)

★★★ Guide
@ItsCrazyCookie I have did some research and I think that, if you download the stuff pack on 32 bit device, copy "SP06" to USB drive or somewhere, and paste it into 64 bit Mac, will it work?
Since it is just a pack of stuff and store content, custom content didn't really need update to be compatible with 64 bit too.
Message 6 of 9 (1,303 Views)

★★ Novice
@fantuanss I just attempted this and I'm afraid it didn't work. Again I appreciate the help.
Message 7 of 9 (1,286 Views)

★★ Novice
I take it back it actually DID work! It doesn't show up in the launcher but the pack shows up in game. Thank you so much for the tip @fantuanss
Message 8 of 9 (1,280 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

@ItsCrazyCookieGlad it worked☺️ I think EA messed up the 32 bit download and overlooked, causing the pack can't be downloaded on 64 bit.

Message 9 of 9 (1,262 Views)