JUNE 2020 patch shadowy box glitch

by dreyxo16

Original Post

JUNE 2020 patch shadowy box glitch

★★★★★ Novice

Hi,

I recently just opened my sims game since the update (Jun 04 2020) and I noticed that my sims have the glitch of the shadowy box under them. I've been following the thread where others also had an issue with this from November and that the new patch update should have fixed it but I am still having the issue. I have edited the SSAO text that was recommended to do to fix it but I am still having the problem. I don't know if it has to do with the setting I have the lighting on as it is on high but I don't know what else to do if this is s glitch. I am playing on Mac and my game version is 1.63.134.1220.

Message 1 of 12 (843 Views)

Re: JUNE 2020 patch shadowy box glitch

@dreyxo16 

Please can you provide more information about your Mac. Instructions on how to do so and what to provide here - http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-Mac/READ-FIRST-Sims-4-Mac-Help-Guides-and-Troubleshooting/m-p/4612...

Maybe it wasn't fixed for all Intel chips.

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 2 of 12 (803 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice
  • Operating System (Version)- 10.15.4
  • Mac model - MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch Mid 2014)
  • Processor - 2.8 GHz Dual-Core Intel Core i5
  • Memory (RAM) - 8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
  • Graphics - Intel Iris 1536 MB
  • Are you attempting to play the normal version of the game or the Legacy Edition? Normal Version
  • Are you running any antivirus? Yes but it's disabled
  • Have you tried to repair the game in Origin? Right click on the game in My Games and select Repair Game. No
  • Do you use CC/Mods? Yes but I opened my game first without any mods or CC and that's when I noticed it
Message 3 of 12 (769 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
  • Operating System (Version)- 10.15.4
  • Mac model - MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch Mid 2014)
  • Processor - 2.8 GHz Dual-Core Intel Core i5
  • Memory (RAM) - 8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
  • Graphics - Intel Iris 1536 MB
  • Are you attempting to play the normal version of the game or the Legacy Edition? Normal Version
  • Are you running any antivirus? Yes but it's disabled
  • Have you tried to repair the game in Origin? Right-click on the game in My Games and select Repair Game. Yes
  • Do you use CC/Mods? Yes but I opened my game first without any mods or CC and that's when I noticed it
Message 4 of 12 (704 Views)

@dreyxo16

Hmm. Can you update Catalina to the current version, 10.15.5 and see if that helps?

AHQSigImage.png
Message 5 of 12 (683 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I updated it and still am having the shadowy boxes and it only happens when my mouse scrolls over a sim. I've also tried repairing it and even updated it yesterday when there was an update.

Message 6 of 12 (657 Views)

@dreyxo16

Hmm, interesting that it only happens when you scroll over a Sim, thanks for that info. Does it still happen when you enable laptop mode?

AHQSigImage.png
Message 7 of 12 (653 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I don't think so, but I have never needed to put it in laptop mode before the update so I'm guessing its caused by this new update. I don't really like playing in laptop mode because of it doesn't have the lighting effects from the windows. Is that my only option to do to fix it?

Message 8 of 12 (622 Views)

@dreyxo16

You could edit the SSAO setting and see if that gets rid of it without having to enable laptop mode - https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-Mac/Shadowy-Box-Glitch-Sims-4/m-p/9167225#M34363

AHQSigImage.png
Message 9 of 12 (617 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Yes, that is what I have done as I was following the post from the patch in November where people were having this problem with that patch. I edited the SSAO twice it but it did not fix it.

Message 10 of 12 (568 Views)