Re: Issues with platforms

by ptmuggie

Original Post

Issues with platforms

★★★★★ Novice

Hi! I just updated to get the platforms update in the sims. I was messing around with them and found some weird issues. When I place furniture on the platforms, in some places it says that you can't intersect with an obstruction. I created a 2x8 platform one step up against a wall on three sides (I think). On the long wall side, some places I couldn't place and others I could, even though there was no structural difference between the places. I'm also getting some clipping issues on the platform sides. When I have platforms next to each other at different heights, the trim on the lower one causes weird clipping. Finally, when I put stairs up to a platform or from a platform, it gets super shadowy. I tried making sure the ceiling was built (as it isn't automatically, even though it looks like it). These aren't MAJOR issues, I just thought it was a little weird.

Also, quick question: do platforms always get rid of walls and do rooms always get rid of platforms or is something weird happening? When I place in a platform I have to individually place every wall.

Thank you!!!

Message 1 of 6 (2,060 Views)

@ptmuggie

Can you post a couple of screenshots showing your build so I can try and repro it?

When you place a platform in a room yes, annoyingly the walls disappear.

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 2 of 6 (2,048 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Clipping: You can see it between the two higher platforms. It's hard to capture clipping in a photo, but you can see the line between the textures. This little section clips.

Shadows: When a stair isn't against a wall you can see it's very shadowy. I added a light directly above it in one of the photos which helped, but there was still a shadow there that logically shouldn't exist. Adding that light there also created huge shadows over the whole room.

The whole obstructed thing wasn't happening when I went to take pictures so either it fixed itself or wasn't cooperating. Hoping for the first!!

Message 3 of 6 (2,041 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Here's another weird lighting thing. I attached what the second floor is for reference.

Also, I haven't been able to integrate the stairs nicely. It insists on having that one tile between the steps and the platform (I placed the lowest stair first, so it wasn't because of an overlap with the other stairs).

Message 4 of 6 (2,040 Views)

@ptmuggie

The stairs creating the extra tile is because of the bottom step on the next level being so close.

Can you upload it to the gallery so I can test in my game for the clipping and shadows?

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 5 of 6 (2,002 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I just posted it! My origin ID is ptmuggie, same way it's spelled here as my username! Thank you!

Message 6 of 6 (1,972 Views)