Re: Issues with Gallery

by Bluebellflora

Original Post

Issues with Gallery

★★★ Newbie

So this has been happening for about two weeks now, but I can't use the Gallery at all. I have great internet access and I'll launch the game and try to go into the gallery and it will say "Connect or Stay Offline" and I'll click "Connect" and it will try to connect to the gallery but will time out eventually and not be able to. I once tried for 5 minutes before it times out. Also, if I use the gallery through my browser, and I try to save anything to my game, I'll go into my game and it wont' show up. I have been importing tray files ever since that happened but very few of them are showing up as well.

Message 1 of 5 (439 Views)

@peytey1

Could you try the super repair for your game and see if it helps?

1. In your Applications folder right click on the Sims 4 app and select Show Package Contents.
  2. Navigate to Contents > Mac OS.
  3. Right click on The Sims 4 and select Move to Trash. Don't drag the file as it will only move an alias and leave the original in place. If there is another file in the folder, The Sims 4.par, leave it alone.
  4. Now open Origin, click on The Sims 4 in your Games Library and click on Download.

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 2 of 5 (415 Views)

★★★ Newbie
I tried that and it didn't work. It still won't connect and now I am unable to download my packs due to not being able to connect. But thank you
Message 3 of 5 (396 Views)

@peytey1

Sounds like the issue is on your Mac if you are having Origin connection issues and can now not download packs. We have a great Origin Mac thread on this forum. I would recommend trying the suggestions in the Download & Connections section - https://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-Mac/READ-FIRST-Origin-Troubleshooting-and-Information/m-p/5371659... specifically flushing the DNS and checking proxy settings.

AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 4 of 5 (386 Views)

@peytey1

Which version of macOS are you running?

AHQSigImage.png