Re: Issue with play TS4 on my new 2020 MacBook Pro

by GeorgieBoy93

Original Post

Issue with play TS4 on my new 2020 MacBook Pro

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

I just received this computer on Wednesday - this is the new MacBook with the 10th gen i7 that came out in the beginning of May. I tried to play but the screen is giving me such a weird glitch whenever I try to go into a lot (please see attached picture), before this computer I had a 2013 MacBook Pro and I never had this issue. Is this glitch something that I can fix within the game options or do I need to wait until there is new patch update so that it can support the new computer? The macOS is Catalina version 10.15.4.

Any help is greatly appreciated!! Standard smile

Message 1 of 9 (2,654 Views)

@claudiau343 

Eww, that's not good. Can you put the game in windowed mode, make the window smaller by dragging from a corner, and see if it affects the whole screen or just the game screen? Please can you also provide more information about your Mac. Instructions on how to do so and what to provide here - http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-Mac/READ-FIRST-Sims-4-Mac-Help-Guides-and-Troubleshooting/m-p/4612...

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 2 of 9 (2,634 Views)

★ Novice

Super interesting! once I switch to full screen to windowed the glitch goes away.. but if I back to full screen it comes back! why could that be?

More info on my Mac:

• Operating system: macOS Catalina 10.15.4
  • Mac model: MacBook Pro, 13-inch, 2020.
  • Processor: 2.3 Ghz Quad-Core Intel Core i7
  • Memory (Ram): 16 GB 3733 MHz LPDDR4
  • Graphics: Intel Iris Plus Graphics 1536 MB
Message 3 of 9 (2,611 Views)

@claudiau343

Thanks! Looks like it could be this issue which has the same solution - https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-Mac/CURRENT-ISSUE-Game-has-glitchy-lines-across-the-whole...

Interesting that rather than lines it's more pixellated.

AHQSigImage.png
Message 4 of 9 (2,604 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Hi there - sorry to jump on this thread but I’m thinking of buying this MacBook next week but just saw this thread and I’m now worried I’ll have issues playing sims 4. I know this thread is from last month so has this issue been fixed now? Thanks!

Message 5 of 9 (2,471 Views)

@GeorgieBoy93

Which issue? You should look at the thread I linked above so you can make an informed decision Standard smile

AHQSigImage.png
Message 6 of 9 (2,418 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Thanks for the reply Standard smile I’ve had a look at the thread above with people saying they’re using windowed mode. The issue I’m referring to is the lines and glitches across the screen when playing.

I was just wondering if the issue has since been fixed in an update and/or if it occurs on all cpu options of this MacBook Pro. Is the issue still a thing? If I do get this laptop I’d really like to play the game on full screen.

Thanks!

Message 7 of 9 (2,397 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@Bluebellflora  Hi Standard smile don’t know if you saw my other post (don’t think I pressed reply!) do you happen to know if the issue with the glitchy lines across the screen has been fixed/patched now for fullscreen gameplay? Thanks

Message 8 of 9 (2,328 Views)

@GeorgieBoy93

So you have the glitchy lines issue too? I don't know if it's been fixed, it would be better to ask in that thread if you think that is your issue as the users posting have also experienced it Standard smile

AHQSigImage.png
Message 9 of 9 (2,290 Views)