Re: Island Paradise - Is 64-bit working better?

by puzzlezaddict

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Island Paradise - Is 64-bit working better?

★★ Guide

Hi all, 

I recently got my 64-bit Sims 3 up and running...for now. I've been wanting to get Island Paradise but have stayed away so far because of all the infamous known lag issues. Has anyone got their 64-bit version up and running and can advise whether the game is running more smoothly or is it still prone to lag and crash as per old days?

(and yes, I know it's obnoxious asking about installing expansion packs when there's still a huge chunk of people still waiting to get their base game to even be entitled and installed Wink

Message 1 of 11 (1,815 Views)

Accepted Solution

@loveoz13

The horrific routing issues which are the main cause of lag in Island Paradise are still there. No changes have been made to the world.

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -

View in thread

Message 2 of 11 (1,809 Views)

All Replies

@loveoz13

The horrific routing issues which are the main cause of lag in Island Paradise are still there. No changes have been made to the world.

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 2 of 11 (1,810 Views)

★★ Guide
@Bluebellflora Thanks for the input Standard smile
Message 3 of 11 (1,789 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I have to say, much better than 32 bit version. Although routing issues still there, but when i play in this map, fps stay in 50~70, and this is much much much better than it before.

Message 4 of 11 (1,746 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Guys... How can you say the 64 bit version is better when we can't even interact with open water?It breaks the whole expansion

Message 5 of 11 (1,725 Views)

★★★★ Guide
@Willeuno I have no clue what you are talking about. I can swim/dive/use my boat everything.
Message 6 of 11 (1,718 Views)
Highlighted

@daisyorgana  Really?  That's interesting.  How exactly do you do that: do you click on the water or somewhere else?  My sims can swim in a pool and fish in a pond, but there are zero interactions if I click on a spot of open water.  There's a thread for the issue here:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-Mac/All-open-water-options-missing-64-bit-TS3/m-p/9666249...

I'm curious to know whether something you've done has helped.  And what world(s) are you playing in?

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 7 of 11 (1,712 Views)

★★ Pro
@loveoz13 I still don't know what's wrong with my computer but I was very curious about this and tried to play Isla Paradiso on 64bit metal version. The lagging has gone. I thought it would be the real 64bit supported game but I confirmed that the lagging has GONE on windows as well. I used to have the same 2-3 secs lagging before. I didn't purchase a new Mac. It's exactly the same computer but the lagging has gone on my computer. I tested this 5-6 times in Isla Paradiso.
Message 8 of 11 (1,695 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

My isla paradiso game was running smoothly to begin with but after an in-game week was freezing every few seconds Frown

I only just sorted a 64 bit version out for my Mac after owning these games for years and getting 70-120 FPS on my Mac :O Ha, my computer did not like that.

The 64 bit version works “fine", apart from the no swimming, certain collectables being unobtainable, etc ...

Is there a “fix” that is still relevant to the 64 bit version for Island Paradise specifically for the freezing?

I’ve seen a few suggestions, deleting the Scott family, abandoned boats and resetting the sims positions but that hasn’t made any difference.

Message 9 of 11 (1,531 Views)

@TikeyDinosaur  You can try the other edits suggested in this thread:

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/811253/removing-ip-lag

It will also help to play with NRaas ErrorTrap and Overwatch, that is if you use mods or are willing to try.  These mods don't prevent the issues with Isla Paradiso, but they do usually step in before small problems become big ones.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 10 of 11 (1,499 Views)