Re: Insufficient drive space available on Macbook.

by Bluebellflora

Original Post

Insufficient drive space available on Macbook.

★★ Novice

hello to you all! i hope you're doing well

so, i wiped my macbook air just recently since it was running a little slow to me and i had things that i didnt want anymore. it went well but this didn't.

i tried almost every thing i had saw on this forum and online but anytime i tried to redownload the sims 4, it kept telling me i had " Insufficient drive space available. Either free up 4 or 5 GB of space or select a different location ". each time i tried to either free up space or move it, it kept telling me this error. im not sure what could be causing this...could anyone help me please?

Message 1 of 3 (610 Views)
Highlighted

@poutwood

Click on the Apple then About This Mac in the menu bar. In the info window that pops up click on the Storage tab, how much storage is available?

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 2 of 3 (584 Views)

★★ Novice

i have about 121 GB and it says i have about 13 GB of storage left out of that, so i think it might actually be something on my mac that might cause it since i have gotten rid of other apps and only had origin on one account and it still said it was out of storage so i have been trying to figure out what it was. though at first i thought it was the game / origin itself!

Message 3 of 3 (577 Views)