Re: Installed packs not showing up in game

by Bluebellflora

Original Post

Installed packs not showing up in game

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.63.136.1610
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? expansions: cats and dogs, city living, get together, get to work, discover university game packs: parenthood, spa day, outdoor retreat stuff packs: vintage glamour, cool kitchen stuff, tiny living
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I can't find anyone else with this issue but I'm not sure what else to call it other than a bug
What happens when the bug occurs? (after purchasing and installing a bundle of discovering university, tiny living stuff, and parenthood content) I open my game, and the discover university and tiny living content does not show up. It shows that both 'packs' have been installed on the 'extra content' and 'more' tabs of my SIMS4 Origin page. I have tried updating my game (which randomly deleted ALL of my saved previous families and games), repairing my game, even abandoning it for a few months and then coming back and re-updating and re-repairing. When I re-updated, I got a notification that 'new installed content' was added to my game, but when I loaded the game both contents still were not there.
What do you expect to see? I expected to see that all three contents would be present in my gameplay.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I would just really like to play my game again. I don't even want to play anymore because I'm afraid every time I finally retry to download the content that won't show up- my game will delete everything on it

Message 351 of 849 (5,770 Views)

Re: Installed packs not showing up in game

@chibigirl12343

Discover University and Tiny Living are not available for those running the Legacy Edition of the game. You need to be running the current version of the game.

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 352 of 849 (5,728 Views)

Re: I cannot see in my game play Discover University and Eco LifeStyle

@Palomami56

Discover University and Eco Lifestyle are not available for those running the Legacy Edition https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-Mac/The-Sims-4-Legacy-Edition-thread/m-p/8420037#M22694

AHQSigImage.png
Message 353 of 849 (2,635 Views)

Can't play eco lifestyle after downloading.

★★ Novice

HELP!

I've downloaded Eco Lifestyle. it's in my library marked as installed. 

but when i start The Sims 4, Eco Lifestyle doesn't show up Frown

i tried every option that i read on forums. Repair Sims 4, Uninstall Origin, log out, restart mac etc.

Does Eco Lifestyle work with the legacy edition????

Can someone pls help me out here...

this really sucks Frown

thx

Message 354 of 849 (1,677 Views)

Re: Can't play eco lifestyle after downloading.

★★★ Newbie

im  having the same issue, im crying i spent alot on it now i cant even play it

Message 355 of 849 (1,648 Views)

Re: The Sims 4 Legacy Edition thread

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

so i got the new eco lifestyle pack and now i cant even play it? [CM - Removed]

Message 356 of 849 (1,298 Views)

Re: The Sims 4 Legacy Edition thread

@ldjm04

Why did you buy it if you are running Legacy Edition? System requirements in Origin clearly state a Metal compatible Mac is required.

AHQSigImage.png
Message 357 of 849 (1,282 Views)

Re: Can't play eco lifestyle after downloading.

@ldjm04

Eco Lifestyle is not compatible with the Legacy Edition. System requirements in Origin clearly state a Metal required Mac is required.

For more info on the Legacy Edition - https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-Mac/The-Sims-4-Legacy-Edition-thread/m-p/8420037#M22694

AHQSigImage.png
Message 358 of 849 (1,172 Views)

The sims 4 Tiny Living stuff not accessible

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.63.163.1610
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? The sims 4 Tiny Living, Island Living, Seasons, Parenthood
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? So I bought the tiny living addon and I can't access all the things that are supposed to come with it, I checked online forums and everything they tell me to do didn't work out.
What happens when the bug occurs? I guess not that much, but I can't access what I paid for.
What do you expect to see? All the things I paid for.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I know this might not be a bug but how can I fix this.

P.S I tried pressing the repair game button, that didn't work. 

Message 359 of 849 (901 Views)

Re: The sims 4 Tiny Living stuff not accessible

Hero
@random1928373ur Moving this to the mac forum

From your version number it looks like you're using the legacy edition.

Tiny Living doesn't work with Legacy.

Contact support for a refund of the pack.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 360 of 849 (896 Views)