Re: Installed EPs not showing up

by puzzlezaddict

Original Post

Installed EPs not showing up

★★★ Novice

I first installed TS3 on my old Mac, along with a few expansion packs, a while back now. I was able to open and play them no problem on that computer. I've since gotten a new computer and am only able to run the base game. When I try to download and install my missing packs in Origin, I'm able to complete the download process but not to actually play the game. Is the issue with my computer?

Message 1 of 7 (428 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Also -- if it helps at all, I originally bought physical copies of the base game and all the EPs and installed them on my old computer.

Message 2 of 7 (426 Views)

@punkbees  The fact that you bought physical copies of the game doesn't matter.  As long as the content is in your Origin account, there's no difference.

When you finish the download and open the Download Manager in Origin (in the lower left corner of your screen), you should see a little Install button that you can press to start the install process.  Is that not there for you?  If not, please take a screenshot of what you see.  Hit cmd-shift-4 and drag your cursor over the section of screen you want to capture; the screenshot will land on your desktop, and you can attach it to a post.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 3 of 7 (405 Views)

★★★ Novice

@puzzlezaddict Thank you for responding! I'm able to download the packs in Origin and install them to my applications folder, but I'm not actually able to open and run them because I get this error message:

Screen Shot 2020-06-13 at 11.19.34 AM.png

Basically, everything works up until I actually try and play. My Origin download manager is running fine (I was just able to update TS4 with no issues). I downloaded a stuff pack I hadn't tried to install on this computer yet and this is what happened:

Download manager works.

Screen Shot 2020-06-13 at 11.24.03 AM.png

Install on my computer works, but I get this warning message.

Screen Shot 2020-06-13 at 11.22.35 AM.png

I'm able to install but not open the game.

Screen Shot 2020-06-13 at 11.24.53 AM.png

Could it be an issue with the game versions?

Message 4 of 7 (365 Views)

@punkbees  There are a few different things going on here, not all of which are relevant.  You can ignore both the High-End Loft Stuff quitting unexpectedly and the message about the base game being a more recent version than expected: the first can be worked around, and the second is because the HELS download is older than the fully patched base game, which you'd expect for an old pack.

The unknown error is the only real issue that needs to be addressed.  Please list all the packs you've installed so far, and all the ones you'd like to install but haven't.  A few of them need special help, but it's easier to write out how to apply the workarounds if I can reference specific packs.

Message 5 of 7 (352 Views)

★★★ Novice
@puzzlezaddict Thank you again! I really don't own many, just University and Late Night plus the loft stuff pack. I've installed all of them but can't access any of the content.
Message 6 of 7 (315 Views)

@punkbees  Okay, you'll need two workarounds for Late Night; the other packs are fine.  First, create an alias (icon) for LN in Applications\The Sims 3, alongside the alias for the base game:

https://bluebellflora.com/sims-3-packs-not-showing-as-installed/

The second fix is to copy a folder from Late Night into a folder for University Life, which is your newest pack by release date.  The video in this post shows where to find the folder and how to copy it over:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-Mac/CURRENT-ISSUE-Sims-3-Unknown-Error-in-El-Capitan-and-...

Message 7 of 7 (304 Views)