Installation- Registration Code not working

by LTyler26

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Installation- Registration Code not working

★ Novice

I downloaded Sims 3.  It says to install and to copy the product code.  It then opens the Sims 3 Installer.   I can go through the first couple of sections, then it asks for the code.  I put the code in and nothing happens.  The continue button does not activate so I cannot proceed, and there are no error messages or anything like that.

I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling origin.  Deleting the download cache.  "Reseting" Origin.  Restarting my computer.  Typing the code in versus pasting it in.

Nothing is working. 

I have a 2015 Mac running Mojave; I used to run the sims on an older laptop running an earlier OS

I'm pretty sure it has something to do with the code or the installer and not my computer or origin.

Please help

Message 1 of 3 (1,624 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Installation- Registration Code not working

@LTyler26  Just checking, but you're installing the base game, and you're using the product code specifically for the base game, not one of the packs?  If you're not sure, open Origin, right-click on the Sims 3 icon, and select Game Properties.  The base game CD key should be listed on the pop-up screen.  It's easiest to paste the entire thing into the first of the five product code boxes; all five boxes should fill in automatically.

If this isn't the issue, please contact EA customer support and ask someone to provide you the codes for the base game and each pack you own, if any.  Support is on reduced hours right now: phone calls are unavailable, and live chat is only open from 9 am to midnight GMT, Monday through Saturday.

https://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.

View in thread

Message 2 of 3 (1,614 Views)

All Replies

@LTyler26  Just checking, but you're installing the base game, and you're using the product code specifically for the base game, not one of the packs?  If you're not sure, open Origin, right-click on the Sims 3 icon, and select Game Properties.  The base game CD key should be listed on the pop-up screen.  It's easiest to paste the entire thing into the first of the five product code boxes; all five boxes should fill in automatically.

If this isn't the issue, please contact EA customer support and ask someone to provide you the codes for the base game and each pack you own, if any.  Support is on reduced hours right now: phone calls are unavailable, and live chat is only open from 9 am to midnight GMT, Monday through Saturday.

https://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 3 (1,615 Views)

★★★ Novice
@LTyler26 Have you had any luck running the game? I'm able to run the base game normally, but I'm having the same problem as you when I try to install my previously owned expansion packs.
Message 3 of 3 (494 Views)