Installation Issues with newly bought Sims 4 Packs

by SmilingKimothy

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Installation Issues with newly bought Sims 4 Packs

★★★★★ Novice

I bought Parenthood, Tiny Living, and Eco lifestyle a day or two ago and all three of the packs have been experiencing issues. At first, items from the packs would not load. For example, I would be able to use all the items from Tiny Living and Eco lifestyle but not the items from parenthood or I could use all the items from Parenthood and Eco lifestyle but not from Tiny Living. That issue has resolved but now has evolved into my packs not downloading. Every time I open the Sims 4 I have to redownload all my packs to be able to access any the worlds or items from them. I have moved The Sims 4 Packs folder to my application folder where Origin is located, but the issue persists. I have tried everything from repairing the Sims 4 to resetting Origin. I am using my 2017 MacBook Air on 10.15.2 MacOs Catalina. 

Message 1 of 3 (220 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Installation Issues with newly bought Sims 4 Packs

★★★★★ Novice

Thank you! I moved my Sims 4 game to my application folder where my sims 4 packs folder is located and everything seems to be working great! If anything changes I will comment again, but for the moment being everything is fine.

View in thread

Message 3 of 3 (171 Views)

All Replies

@SmilingKimothy

The Sims 4 Packs folder needs to be where the Sims 4 app is, not the Origin app. Move it to the same location as the game.

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 2 of 3 (183 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Thank you! I moved my Sims 4 game to my application folder where my sims 4 packs folder is located and everything seems to be working great! If anything changes I will comment again, but for the moment being everything is fine.

Message 3 of 3 (172 Views)