Re: Install stuck on finalising and won’t let me do anything

by Bluebellflora

Original Post

Install stuck on finalising and won’t let me do anything

★★★ Newbie

Hi, i was having a lot of issues with custom content earlier and moved the Sims 4 application from my documents into the Applications folder in Finder. Then when i tried to open the game it just kept saying “Unable to start due to missing game data” So from there i just decided to delete all Sims 4 files and uninstall it from Origin. 

When i reinstalled it got stuck on finalizing, and won’t let me cancel or pause the download, if i try opening the game from the application and not origin it comes up with a pop up from Origin saying “Origin is busy with an operation that can’t be interrupted. Please wait until this operation is complete”. I can’t force quit Origin or restart my laptop as similar messages appear. When i reset Origin with the tool it just says that’s been completed but nothing changes. Please help, it seems like i’ve broken my laptop or something 

Message 1 of 2 (663 Views)

Re: Install stuck on finalising and won’t let me do anything

@NadineAAA 

Why was the Sims 4 application in your Documents folder, is that the default install location for Origin on your Mac?

You've moved the base game but not the Sims 4 Packs folder which contains all your DLC. This is why you received the initial  error. The subsequent errors sound like possible game and Origin corruption.

I would do the following, in this specific order:

1. move your Sims 4 folder from Documents > Electronic Arts to the desktop
  2. make sure Origin is fully closed, do not just click on the red X in the top corner but actually quit it properly
  3. run the Origin reset tool, DO NOT open Origin again until completed all steps.
  4. trash the base game and Sims 4 Packs folder
  5. trash the Origin app
  6. re-download a fresh copy of Origin from here https://www.origin.com/gbr/en-us/store/download
  7. install Origin
  8. Install the base game and all packs
  9. launch the game
  10. if it launches successfully, replace the newly created Sims 4 folder in Documents > Electronic Arts with the one you moved to the desktop

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 2 of 2 (627 Views)