Re: Sims4 Legacy Won't Open After Newest Update

by rosecschultz

Original Post

Initialisation Error [135dec40:3fbbecd0:00000064:000000]

[ Edited ]

Some users are experiencing this error message since running the January 2020 patch:

HrC9jbY.png

(thanks to @PaleRose_YT for the image)

If you are encountering this issue, please reply with the full spec. of your Mac. Instructions on how to find the information and what to provide here - http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-Mac/READ-FIRST-Sims-4-Mac-Help-Guides-and-Troubleshooting/m-p/4612... Please make sure to state whether you are running the Legacy Edition or the normal version of the game

Please note the exact error code for this issue is 135dec40:3fbbecd0:00000064:000000. If your error code is different please start a new thread.

Try repairing your game. Right click on the game in your Origin Games Library and select Repair Game.

One possible workaround is to change the language of your game to English. Please confirm whether this fixes the issue for you or not.

Please also hit the all important Me Too button below if you are experiencing this issue. 

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 25 of 31 (1,701 Views)

Sims4 Legacy Won't Open After Newest Update

★ Novice

Hey, so I have the Sims4 legacy edition (unfortunately) and everything has been okay so far, but today, I went to open my game again and it said it needed an update. Okay, I guess, do your thing. Update finished. Game isn't able to load anymore. Here's a photo of the error message. I've tried restarting both origin and my computer. Nothing has worked.

Error Message

Message 1 of 31 (1,856 Views)

★★ Novice

Also happening to me.
I changed the game language to english and worked just fine. Won't open if I select my mother tongue (portuguese), though.
Maybe it's the same thing that happened when we were first introduced to the Legacy Edition? :/

Message 2 of 31 (1,827 Views)

Re: UNABLE TO START SIMS 4 LEGACY

★ Novice

Mine worked two days ago until I did an update to the game this morning. Now it says "unable to start"

Message 3 of 31 (1,773 Views)

Re: Sims 4 - Initialization error at startup, Legacy Edition

★ Apprentice

My game was working until yesterday's patch. This message (initialization error etc) is back again, I've changed  the language to english and it's not working. 

Message 4 of 31 (1,838 Views)

Initialization error after update on legacy edition

★★★ Newbie

Hi I’m on a Mac and my sims 4 had just updated and now it won’t let me load onto my game only shows 

[135dec40:3fbbecd0:00000064:00000000]

Is there anything I can do ? 

Message 5 of 31 (1,776 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Same here Frown   This is the same behavior we experienced back in November. I just updated an hour ago, and it seems that this update re-introduced the issue. Can we rollback or uninstall this update somehow?

Message 6 of 31 (1,812 Views)
Highlighted

★ Novice

have you been able to figure this out?

Message 7 of 31 (1,767 Views)

EA Sims Team

@isadoramarillia @sebvieira123 

What operating system and graphics card are you using?

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 8 of 31 (1,790 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

@SimQARoboHigh Sierra (10.13.6), NVIDIA GeForce 320M 256MB.

Message 9 of 31 (1,851 Views)