Re: [Info] The Sims 4 macOS Catalina Troubleshooting

by ajholka233

Original Post

★★★ Newbie

It has been a couple of months now that i haven't been able to play sims... Ive updated my computer, sims and origin.. and still i get a message that pops up saying sims is unable to start with an error code. My question is, can i uninstall origin and just use the discs? or will that not work either?

Message 641 of 730 (1,301 Views)

@DragRacingLover2

There is no disc version available for macOS, you must use the digital version through Origin. What error code are you getting?

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 642 of 730 (1,289 Views)

★★★ Newbie

This worked for me! 

Thanks for the tip ! 

Message 643 of 730 (1,245 Views)

★★ Novice

Hi!

I updated the game and still won't work

keeps saying the error code and a route to the error, seems like activationui.app is 32 bits, making it unusable in Catalina

Message 644 of 730 (1,180 Views)

@Wilo961

Yes, it was 32-bit but that issue was resolved in the September patch, the game is compatible in Catalina. Your issue is something else.

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 645 of 730 (1,164 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@EA_Mai this last bit re 'deny' and permissions has resolved it for me. after numerous uninstalls and re installs of origin and Sims with no joy and same message 'sims is already running'!!! this bit works so please try this simple measure. Thank you
Message 646 of 730 (1,141 Views)

Re: Sims Help - new proc failed with errno: 0x56

★★★ Newbie
@20aims The same. thing happens to me and its so frustrating🙁
Message 647 of 730 (1,026 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Newbie

try using force quit?

Message 648 of 730 (960 Views)

★ Novice
  1. For everyone who is dealing with the issue of low or no game performance using Mac OS Catalina, I was just told by EA technical support that Sims 4 officially does not support Mac OS Catalina. You will NOT be able to play the game in Mac OS Catalina. If you can afford to, and if you really want to play your game, you will have downgrade to Mojave or High Sierra. This is really annoying because Mac is really working on pushing everyone to upgrade to Catalina. I decided to downgrade back to Mojave, and it has been an absolute mess!
Message 649 of 730 (838 Views)

EA Staff
@Yanni25 This is wrong. I'm sorry that you received incorrect guidance about this.

When you say that you are getting "low or no game performance," can you help us to better understand what you're describing? What model of Macintosh are you on? Can you confirm the RAM, CPU, GPU etc information about the "About this Mac" utility in the Apple menu? What version of The Sims 4 is installed?
--
I am an employee of EA.

Please do not send me private messages unless I ask you to. I promise that you will get help faster in the public forum. Thank you.
Message 650 of 730 (828 Views)