Original Post

Re: [Info] The Sims 4 macOS Catalina Troubleshooting

★★ Novice

I am experiencing exactly the same problem as @emmaalexcis 

Hope you'll find a solution soon :-)

Message 631 of 730 (1,229 Views)

★★ Novice

I am having an issue with my Origin just like everyone else. The one thing is that I am not logged in, what would normally be the login screen is now just fully white. I've tried to delete and réinstall, reset my computer, copy a new Origin, etc. Nothing is working.

Message 632 of 730 (1,208 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

The easiest way to fix this problem is to downgrade from Catalina to Mojave. Make an appointment at your nearest Apple Store (or call tech support if you aren't near one - make sure you have AppleCare or it will cost money) and have them roll your system back to Mojave. Does this solution kind of suck? Yes. It's a pain. You will miss out on a lot of great Catalina features. Will TS4 finally run the way it's meant to? Yes! And if you're reading this, that's what you want it to do. Especially if you've been good and asked for packs for the Holidays, or new Macs at that. Then, if/when EA decides that they will fix this utter fiasco, then you can go to back to Catalina. 

IMPORTANT: If you are disabled, like myself, and need hands-free MacOS navigation and better speech-to-text, stay on/upgrade to Catalina. If you need those features to use your computer independently, that is much more important than the game, no matter what, independence is everything!

We don't deserve an unstable game simply because we use Mac instead of Windows.

Message 633 of 730 (1,190 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@FridaGT Sadly no update yet. I sent over my files but I haven't heard anything back. It's sad because I've spent money on a game + packs that are now completely unusable and I'm not getting much of a response from EA. Sigh.
Message 634 of 730 (1,157 Views)

★★ Novice

@emmaalexcis  Yeah, it’s pretty annoying! I also just bought a new Mac and of course Sims and some new packs to go with it, so it’s pretty frustrating I can’t play it. But it’s somewhat comforting to know that others are going through the same thing. 
I do believe that EA is working on making an update for Catalina, not updating the game for the newest software would just be weird. I hope it’ll come sooner than later!!

Message 635 of 730 (1,125 Views)

★ Novice

"Oh, and if you pressed 'Deny' when the game asked for your permission to access Documents, let's fix that!: go to System Preferences -> Security & Privacy -> Files & Folders -> Fine “The Sims 4” in list and check the “Documents Folder” check box" 

Hi I'm not very good with computers but when I go to "security and privacy", "filed and folders" is nowhere on the screen. Is there another way to fix this? 

Message 636 of 730 (997 Views)

★★★ Newbie

has anyone actually been able to run the game (actual gameplay) on Catalina??

and is EA doing ANYTHING about it? 

Message 637 of 730 (953 Views)

Re: Sim4 does't recognize my graphics card & it shows I have no mods in my f

★★★ Newbie
@Mikimuster3aliciaplescia98 I cant open my game, when i double clik the game nothing happens, before i got a message that says the app cannot be opened because the app doesnt respond, but now nothing appears.... Help
Message 638 of 730 (911 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

when I try to record the gameplay using QuickTime screen recorder, the game freezes and my whole Mac froze so I forced to shut it off.... how to solve this???

Message 639 of 730 (841 Views)

@Oriphyne 

Please can you provide more information about your Mac. Instructions on how to do so and what to provide here - http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-Mac/READ-FIRST-Sims-4-Mac-Help-Guides-and-Troubleshooting/m-p/4612...

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 640 of 730 (822 Views)