Re: [Info] The Sims 4 macOS Catalina Troubleshooting

by Sylviadj

Original Post

Highlighted

★★★★ Novice

@dzm06  I found out what I had to do. It still crashed when in safe mode. So I reset NRAM (nonvolatile random-access memory), I did it by pressing option+command+p+r right after turning the Mac on, held those buttons down for 20 seconds and the problem was gone later Standard smile

Message 591 of 730 (991 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

@SylviadjGreat news! Thanks for confirming the fix. Please keep an eye on it and let us know if the behavior comes back at some point.

It's amazing how many things NVRAM and SMC resets can fix. Standard smile

Message 592 of 730 (983 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

okay, i've never asked stuff on ea forums before so im sorry if i'm bad at this but i've been searching everywhere for help.

when i click the sims 4 in my game library, i'm met with a pop-up (from origin, not a virus) that says "Please choose another folder". it then takes me to application settings, and i select "installs & saves" when i do, i see this. i click "change folder" but nothing happens.

once i hit restore default and that worked for a few seconds, but then it stopped and this cycle continued

Message 593 of 730 (962 Views)

★★ Guide
@frankiesdoll Are you on Catalina? Did you allow Origin the "all files" security option?
Message 594 of 730 (958 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

I have a macbook air (updated to catalina) and I am trying to download my sims games onto a hard drive.

When I click on the "change library location" in the origin settings under "on your computer" nothing happens.

I click the "change folder" button and nothing happens. I've uninstalled and reinstalled origin so many times and also restarted my macbook.

The only button that responds on that page is the "browse installers" option.

Can anyone help?

edit: essentially a similar problem to giabees but I don't get the error. Its just unresponsive.

Message 595 of 730 (933 Views)

★★ Guide
@wnderland Yeah, that's happening with Origin client right now. The only workaround that I've found is to create symlinks from the expected location to the new location (like an external DD). See this topic (and this post) for more info. Good luck!

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-Mac/I-having-troubles-with-Origin-on-the-Mac/m-p/8354749#...
Message 596 of 730 (922 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@dzm06 Ah, okay, thank you. Is it an issue from the new apple software update? Or is it origin specific? Sounds like something they can hopefully fix soon!
Message 597 of 730 (916 Views)

★★ Guide
@wnderland I'm afraid I don't know the details. I do hope it is fixed soon though.
Message 598 of 730 (881 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

@dzm06

oh thank god for replying haha

yes! i am on catalina

what is origin's all files option? if it helps, when i re-installed origin apple made me confirm that origin's safe and i confirmed that it is

Message 599 of 730 (844 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

@wnderland

i think you and i are in the same pit here haha

really mad at apple tho, i want my god damn 32-bit back

if you get any info on how to fix this stupid thing please let me know

Message 600 of 730 (836 Views)