Re: [Info] The Sims 4 macOS Catalina Troubleshooting

by Sylviadj

Original Post

★★★ Novice

So I've managed to get the sims 4 open, I had to reinstall origin. I also repaired the game with the right click > repair thing and I can get into the game now, but when I click on a lot to play on, the loading screen just continuously loads. I quit after five minutes of that. Is anyone else having this problem?

Message 581 of 730 (1,033 Views)

★★ Guide
@Embersimss Glad you got back into the game. I'm sorry you had difficulties.

I wonder if your saves are corrupt or damaged. To test this make sure you've quite The Sis 4, then go to your Documents folder. Find the Electronic Arts folder and open it. Move the folder inside it, "The Sims 4", to your Desktop. Then open The Sims 4 game from origin again. You should now have a completely new game. Try going onto a lot. Do you still have the very-long-wait?
Message 582 of 730 (1,020 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Mine won’t run at all since the Mac update. Just keep going in circles with the install - finalising pop ups then I get the screen with the product code but that then says there is an error and I need to disable my firewall but even then it doesn’t work!! Cannot play any of the games I have paid for and it’s getting extremely frustrating!!

Message 583 of 730 (962 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I have tried all of the ones above, nothing works. Every time I get into the game I manage to make the sims, but the game crashes the minute I load the family into a lot. I have tried everything from completely reinstalling the Mac and sims.

Message 584 of 730 (954 Views)

Re: Information for Mac users running macOS Lion (10.7)

★★★★★ Newbie

IT WORKS! Note - I think Catalina moves people's Document folder to the iCloud which caused a lot of problems - so I read this before I followed your advice - https://www.cisdem.com/resource/documents-folder-missing-mac.html

Message 585 of 730 (910 Views)

★★ Guide
@Sylviadj Can you verify that you have moved your "Electronic Arts" folder out of the Documents folder and that the behavior persists? Can you describe precisely what things you have tried to do to address the problem ("all the ones above" unfortunately isn't as descriptive as it might seem) and what the results were? What Mac hardware, and macOS version, are you on (are you certain you're on Catalina?)?
Message 586 of 730 (922 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I have moved the folder out of the documents folder. Sims when launched, makes my Mac completely crash, only crashes when I use sims, and when I get to load a family into a lot. The screenshot shows model, hardware and everything.

To list what I have done:
*install reinstall everything, that means wiping out my entire hard drive to reinstall it again (I do this once a year anyway) when It was finished I installed sims and origin once more. I have given origin access to files and folders etc. so I don't really know what else to do.

Skjermbilde 2019-11-11 kl. 22.05.15.png

Message 587 of 730 (891 Views)

★★★★ Novice

tried opening the app again and this is the error message I get:

Message 588 of 730 (886 Views)

★★★★ Novice

the last pics of the crash report.

Message 589 of 730 (885 Views)

★★ Guide
@Sylviadj Wow. A CPU panic is pretty impressive. Looks like WbKit is involved in the thread that panicked. Can you try putting TS4 into Child mode and see if the crash/panic is reproducible? Also, what happens if you start the Mac with extensions turned off (hold the Shift key during boot)? The machine will run terribly, but it can help determine if there's some external contributor.
Message 590 of 730 (840 Views)