Re: [Info] The Sims 4 macOS Catalina Troubleshooting

by jtyler2009

Original Post

★★★ Novice

FINALLY WORKING!!!! at least for now.. lets see how long it last... 

honestly that took far to long to fix since you have SO MANY people that play this game.. 

Message 511 of 730 (864 Views)

★★★★ Novice

@EA_Mai Does this patch only fix the base game? My mods still generate "Application Not Responding" but if I take them out, the game runs fine. However, all my saves and tray files use the mods for my world so I'm hoping there'll be a fix for this too. 

Message 512 of 730 (804 Views)

★★ Novice

Hi,

It didn't work but something new happened, this time when i started origin i got to the login screen and when i logged in it went to blank screen like before :/

Hope there's some other fix to try.

Message 513 of 730 (796 Views)

EA Sims Team

Hello @stwbrymlk 

Have you tried narrowing it down using the 50/50 method to see if it's a specific mod or custom content causing it?  You may need to contact the mod creator if a specific mod is causing issues with your game.

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 514 of 730 (765 Views)

EA Sims Team

Hello @zlunk 

Origin is going to blank screen, or is it the game?  If it's Origin, you may need to contact EA Support - LINK

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 515 of 730 (764 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

@SimQARobo I tried with all my mods, then I tried with just one folder, then I tried a couple of different mods on their own but all of them generated "Application Not Responding" for me. The only way my game loaded past the initial Sims 4 screen was if NO mods were inside the folder. 

Message 516 of 730 (725 Views)

★★ Guide
@stwbrymlk What happens if you move the Saves folder to the desktop (leaving the mods in place) and start (as though you had a new game except loaded up with mods)?

What happens if you move all the mods out of the folder, then add them back in one at a time (with a relaunch after each one)? Does it start with a single mod? With two?
Message 517 of 730 (711 Views)

★★★★ Novice

@dzm06 It doesn't load with the saves out and mods in, and doesn't load with any single mod. I tried creating all new folders and moving every mod package in one by one but it still doesn't load past the initial starting screen with any mods in. If there's no mods, the game loads just fine. 

Message 518 of 730 (708 Views)

★★ Guide
@stwbrymlk Can you name a mod? I'd love to try to reproduce this.
Message 519 of 730 (705 Views)

★★ Guide
@stwbrymlk I've downloaded a randomly selected mod (MesmericDancer), expanded it into my Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 4/Mods/ folder, and launched The Sims. After the splash screen I get a dialog warning me of the dangers of Mod content, but things work as expected.

Dumb question here, but have you tried restarting your Mac? Or have you gone to the Activity Manager to see if there is a zombie Sims process stuck in the background? What about move your Documents/Electronics Arts/ folder to the Desktop, starting The Sims to let it create an entirely new folder, quitting, and then moving you Mods, Saves, Tray, Screenshots, and Video folders into the new location (delete the new versions of these folders first)?
Message 520 of 730 (700 Views)