Re: [Info] The Sims 4 macOS Catalina Troubleshooting

by jtyler2009

Original Post

Re: SIMS Already Running

@farahAl95

Thanks. I've merged your post into this thread on the issue. Workarounds are in the first post on page 1.

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 371 of 730 (491 Views)

Re: SIMS Already Running

★★★★ Novice
@Bluebellflora The tips worked amazingly! Thank you!!!
Message 372 of 730 (528 Views)

★ Novice

I've been receiving a message every time I tried to play The Sims 4 that the game was already running for a couple of weeks now. None of the solutions on this board worked for me and after weeks of research, I finally found a link that works. There is no need to go through the trouble of going back to High Sierra or redownloading TS4. Hope this helps people who are dealing with the same problem as me. Here it is what worked for me:

Error message – Unable to start: The Sims 4 is already running

1. Move your Sims 4 folder to the desktop (this resets it back to default settings but all your data is safe in the folder you moved)
  2. Launch the game to the main menu then quit
  3. Open the Sims 4 folder you moved to the desktop then the saves folder. Select all your saves and drag them into the newly created saves folder in Documents > Electronic Arts > The Sims 4
  4. Do the same for the Tray, Mods and Screenshots folders

And here is the link to the site for potential other solutions: 

https://tidbits.com/2019/09/18/moving-to-catalina-keep-your-32-bit-mac-apps-running-with-parallels/

Happy Simming!

Message 373 of 730 (615 Views)

Re: New update on mac causing sims have an error

★★★ Novice
@Bluebellflora OOOOOH my god, I tried eveything in this thread, and others, and nothing worked. Then I tried moving the folder and copying saves into the new simsfolder that was made after launching the game, and honestly? You just saved my simheart <3
Message 374 of 730 (595 Views)

★★★ Novice

i had finally got mine playing. i didnt play for maybe 3-4 days and now i cant play again.... i have done everything in the thread.... very annoying... i just wanna play! 

Message 375 of 730 (577 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Hi I had this error message so I followed the advice to delete the user data lock file and the sims was able to start but my game file is gone even the sims that I uploaded to the gallery.

I decided to just remake my fam but im unable to save I get a save error when I try...

Message 376 of 730 (568 Views)

Re: Can't find saved household.

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Same here! I am waiting for the ea help support to call me back when I get more info ill let you know.

I see one fam that I saved in gallery along with the boxes for the rest but they are all blank...

*UPDATE*

They said its a glitch happening to everyone and that they are working on it but it seems most likely the saved game is gone forever Frown

Message 377 of 730 (420 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Every time I reboot my computer I have to go through the fixes again.  I don't replace the Tray folder, but do replace the mods and saves and it works fine.  Until the next reboot. 

Message 378 of 730 (544 Views)

★★★ Newbie

As you advised I tried to move the UserData.lock file. My game works now!
All my progress, however, is gone. Is there a way for me to avoid this? 

Message 379 of 730 (518 Views)

★ Novice

My saved games have all vanished, despite my attempts at the tray folder fixed outlined above. Frown 

Message 380 of 730 (507 Views)