Re: Freezing during CAS Sims 4

by militarymama27

Original Post

Re: [Info] The Sims 4 macOS Catalina Troubleshooting

★★ Novice

Hey, so all day I have been trying to get my sims to work. Initially I had the 'sims is already running' and the changing or deleting user data thing worked. However, when sims loaded it says that my video card is missing which it is not in fact missing. I also know that there is nothing wrong with my computer because I have had my MacBook Pro for literally 1 month, as well as sims working just fine prior to having the Catalina update. I have been on and off contact with tech support and I am currently waiting for a call to be answered. Although I have already reinstalled my game which took all day as well as reinstalling origin. I honestly do not know what to do and I really don't wanna wait for an hour to just get a game fixed. The only things I have found that are meant to help are for the sims 3 and none of it applies to my computer. I honestly just want my game to work! I don't mean to get frustrated but the contacting process of EA is just awful and I have had previous issues in the past that couldn't be solved. 

Message 331 of 730 (633 Views)

Re: Sims 4 Already Running Error

★★ Novice
@ToKiHyou I am having the same issue and it also says that my video card is missing which is incorrect. I don't know how to help but I am just saying sharing this annoying experience.
Message 332 of 730 (781 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Decided to upgrade from my Sims2 to Sims4 today after upgrading my system to Catalina. When the upgrade finished I was no longer able to play Sims 2(grayed out app) and now I'm unable to even download origins to play the Sims 4....this message keeps appearing "

"Origin” can’t be opened because Apple cannot check it for malicious software.

This software needs to be updated. Contact the developer for more information."

Has anyone experienced this? I hate to think I just wasted $40 and not even get to play. 

Message 333 of 730 (747 Views)

Re: Freezing during CAS Sims 4

★★★★★ Novice

This didn't work for me.  I didn't install the Beta, I installed the actual OS, when it was released.  Looking into getting rid of Catalina all together and starting over from scratch (I'm talking backing up my files and docs and then wiping my whole macbook and restoring it with Mojave) but I really don't want to have to do that if I don't have to.  I can get my game to run and can play it.  My issue now is when I put my CC into the mods folder.  Initially it will work but the more I put in, it gets to a point where it will load all the way up until it's supposed to switch to the main game screen where you see all your packs and can hit the huge play button.  That's where it freezes and when I right-click on the game icon, it says application not responding so I have to force quit, thus begins the cycle.  I have already uninstalled and reinstalled my game 4 times.  I'm over it.  I've come to the conclusion today that I'm not going to be able to play with any of my saves and that I'm going to have to start all over from scratch, which makes me angry beyond all.

Message 334 of 730 (766 Views)

Re: sims 4

★ Novice

SOLVED:

If you can't play the Sims 4 because:

1. downloaded macOS Catalina

2. error message about the game is running

3. error message about unrecognized video card

4. deleted User folder

Try the link below. It will help! 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e8IhBBJNfJM

Message 335 of 730 (712 Views)

★★★★ Novice

i was finally able to fix my sims 4 (somewhat) the thing is, my mods folder that has more than 1,000+ cc in it and in game when im in CAS it only shows about a third of the cc!! is there a way to solve this? Does anyone else have the same problem? help will be very appreciated Standard smile 

Message 336 of 730 (707 Views)

Re: Information for Mac users running macOS Lion (10.7)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

When you did this, did it completely erase your data? I removed the UserData.lock file and started the game. It worked, but my save games were all completely gone and TS4 asked me if I wanted a tutorial, as if I had never played on there before. 

Soooo at this point it's either never play or start over...is anyone else having this??

Edit: I tried the instructions in the post above (at this link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e8IhBBJNfJM) and it solved it! Standard smile 

Message 337 of 730 (698 Views)

Unable to open game

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 4
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Cats & Dogs, City Living, Get to Work, Get Together, 4 Seasons, Outdoor Retreat, Parenthood, Spa Day, StrangerVille, Backyard Stuff, Cool Kitchen Stuff, Fitness, Luxury Party Stuff, My First Pet Stuff, Vintage Glamour Stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? This code pops up [ed35e0ea:29f00e76:00000000:18a1dd51]
What happens when the bug occurs? Tells me Sims is already running even though it's not. I am trying to open it.
What do you expect to see? Game to actually open
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

I have been trying to open the Game for two days now and it keeps telling me that it is already running, even though I have; Saved and exited the game as per usual. I have also uninstalled and reinstalled, repaired game and restarted and turned my computer on and off. Please help!

Message 338 of 730 (635 Views)

Re: sims 4 already running error

★★★ Newbie

The same thing happened to me, I tried everything, and nothing worked. Another person told me to delete my "Electronic Arts" folder, so I did so. Now it runs perfectly, even though I've lost some of my saves and so on.

Message 339 of 730 (555 Views)

Re: Information for Mac users running macOS Lion (10.7)

★ Guide
So I managed 4 days (well, 3 technically because I didn't play yesterday) to go with the game not bugging daily.
Only copied over my saves and that works, so I wonder if there's an issue with the Tray too that was causing the bug daily.

However, Catalina has a new update so I was back to square one this morning. Still waiting for a permanent fix as changing the settings every time is becoming tedious.
Message 340 of 730 (619 Views)