Re: [Info] The Sims 4 macOS Catalina Troubleshooting

by Valdemar19022

Original Post

When will my Sims 4 games be compatible with macOS Catalina?

★★ Novice

I am terribly upset that I can not access my games now that I have updated my operating system to macOS Catalina. It seems there are A LOT of people with the same issue as me. Does anyone know when EA/Origin plans to fix this problem? They can't possible expect us to revert to an old operating system can they? 

Message 281 of 730 (590 Views)

★ Novice

I deleted the file mentioned and the game did load. I played for a while and then when I clicked exit and save I got an error message saying it couldn't save. 

Message 282 of 730 (709 Views)

Re: When will my Sims 4 games be compatible with macOS Catalina?

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

How come? There was an announcement saying that it should work this month. https://bluebellflora.com/2019/10/03/sims-4-now-works-on-macos-catalina-patch-1-56-52/

Message 283 of 730 (575 Views)

★★ Novice
@EA_ArrenaiEA_Mai Hi, my Mac system is currently the maxOS Catalina Version 10.15. I had the same 'the game has already been running' problem. After trying turn off 'enable origin in game' and deleting 'User Data file', restart my Mac and re-download the game... Everything is still the same. What should I do? (Thanks in advance
Message 284 of 730 (683 Views)

★★★★ Novice

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-Mac/The-Catalina-Mistake-confessions-of-a-newbie/m-p/8312...

I posted this yesterday. And today I am happy and enjoying a good cup of coffee in front of my computer. Have a really good day, all!

Message 285 of 730 (664 Views)

Re: Unable to start: The Sims™ 4 is already running.

★★★ Newbie

Could you please help me? I have This same error

Message 286 of 730 (575 Views)

★★ Novice
@EA_ArrenaiEA_Mai I have renamed the the sims 4 folder then restarted the game for many times, however, my data together with the library data backup still cannot be found. Can you guys update the game again to fix everyone's problem once and for all? Or maybe update a video or something to let us check what we might did wrong. (thanks in advance
Message 287 of 730 (621 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
@EA_ArrenaiEA_Mai I've relocated Userdata.lock file and lost all my saved games 😩💔 what do I do? I lost all my LPs 💔
Message 288 of 730 (733 Views)

Re: Information for Mac users running macOS Lion (10.7)

★★★★★ Newbie
@ventrap Thank you for this it fixed my game!!
Message 289 of 730 (724 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Yep, my MacBook also says "The Sims 4 is already running" after I updated to macOS Catalina. Can't play at all. My kids are very sad Frown

Message 290 of 730 (712 Views)