The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 121 of 730 (699 Views)

Re: [Info] The Sims 4 macOS Catalina Troubleshooting

★★ Novice
@EA_Mai Hi there - I've done everything the first post advises to do, but now each time I launch the game I keep getting the "Welcome to -InsertDlCName- Here" message and it's not saving the customizations I made in Game Options (Fullscreen mode and to allow script mods). I posted about it here:
https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Game-populating-quot-Welcome-to-quot-insert-DLC-Name-each-time...
Message 122 of 730 (683 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Since updating my Mac to Catalina 10.15 it won't open game as it says its already running when its not. 

Message 123 of 730 (641 Views)

★★ Novice

I'm having the same problem with my Origin not launching The Sims 4 and giving an error screen saying that it's "already running." I've tried every troubleshooting option this thread suggests, including deleting the data.lock file, and nothing. I spent an hour on the phone with EA last night and we did manage to get it working in a new admin account, but not my current account, and I really, really don't want to log in to a new (blank) account without my saves, preferences and content just to be able to play this game. So I'm adding my voice to the echo chamber. I'm completely out of ideas. Hopefully, with all the problems I'm seeing, a patch will be made available soon.

Message 124 of 730 (634 Views)

Re: New update on mac causing sims have an error

★★★ Novice

Thank you so much this worked. 

Message 125 of 730 (622 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have tried everything I could think of doing. I've restarted the game, restarted my mac, I've taken the unlock.data out, I've emptied my game (I wouldn't care if I lost my games. I can recreate and as of right now, they were different saves for me to try out the different packs for the game. However, I would love to play because there are mods I want to try out and put into my game, as well as cc. My game won't even load. I can open origin, it starts bouncing like it's going to load, then it stops and does absolutely nothing. Help!! I just wanna play, having "withdrawals" haha

Message 126 of 730 (613 Views)

Re: macOS catalina can't run games

★★ Novice

Thanks!!

Message 127 of 730 (673 Views)

★★★ Novice

thissss is exactly whats happening to me im so sad

Message 128 of 730 (668 Views)

★★ Novice

please help! I unfortunately downloaded catalina os too and the same errors occurred to me.
my game wouldn’t start, so I moved said file and the game then did start but all my save files and everything I saved is gone and moving the files into a newly created sims 4 file didn’t help. this is really worrying me because my cc is there after I moved that file too, so that worked. everything else is just gone.

is there anything else I can do to get all my saves back? I’m really worried Frown 

Message 129 of 730 (665 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Hi guys,

I updated to Catalina yesterday. First, I started off with the "can't load because sims 4 is already running" error. I made the mistake of uninstalling/reinstalling my game and lost my saves, unfortunately. Then, I read this forum and deleted the user file people suggested, which fixed that problem.

However, now when I start up the game, I get a message saying "we don't recognize your video card." I can play the game, but everything is on the lowest quality settings, which ruins the main thing that I've spent money on the Sims for. Every time I try to change the quality settings, it says I have to restart the game for them to apply, but every time I restart the game, I get the video card message and it's low quality again. On top of that, my games don't seem to be saving.

I've been playing Sims 4 on this computer for over a year with no problems and I'm super annoyed that updating my computer has led to so many headaches with a game I use to unwind. Please help! Frown 

Thanks!

For reference, this is my graphics card: Intel HD Graphics 615 1536 MB

Message 130 of 730 (509 Views)