I need help

by hawthorneblack_x

Original Post

I need help

★★ Novice

Origin keeps saying the sims 4 is already running, when it's not. I really need help because I cant even play the game. I tried re-installing orgin and repairing the game but nothing seems to work. I also tried to go to task manager but I don't see the sims 4 already running.

Message 101 of 730 (796 Views)

Re: Can´t Start Sims4 [ed35e0ea:29f00e76:00000000:18a1dd51]

★★★ Novice

I spoke too soon in posting this, it didn't work. 

I then went to Documents > Electronic Arts > Sims 4 --- I cut the sims 4 folder and pasted to desktop 

The Sims then started.... however after about 10 minutes creating a new sim ( as I now had no saved games ) it froze and won't let me get past this point.

Frown Frown 

I put in a request for help and received an email saying that support wanted to organise a call, but I missed the opening hours (Im in Australia).. So will report back when I speak to them. 

Message 102 of 730 (818 Views)

Re: not responding the sims 4

★★★ Newbie
@Vanidorr yes it really help. thank you so much.
Message 103 of 730 (895 Views)

Re: I need help

@hawthorneblack_x  I've moved this thread to the Sims 4 Mac section.  Sorry for the runaround with your posts.

For the Sims is already running message, please see this post from Bluebellflora:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-Mac/macOS-thread-updated-to-include-10-15-Catalina/m-p/82...

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 104 of 730 (903 Views)

Re: Can't run The Sims 4 on macOS Catalina

★★ Novice

@puzzlezaddict Followed the instructions by Bluebellflora and it's working again. Thank you legend!

Message 105 of 730 (937 Views)

The Sims 4 macOS Catalina Troubleshooting

★★★ Newbie

Hi!

So, after I updated my Mac to macOS Catalina, I got the "sims 4 is already running" error and no matter what I did, my game would not start. I tried everything I could find on it online, like restarting my Mac, uninstalling and reinstalling Origin, repairing and updating Sims 4 in Origin, making sure it wasn't open in task manager, the list is endless. after finding the "The Sims 4 macOS Catalina Troubleshooting info" post on this page somewhere, I tried just opening my Electronic Arts folder and moving my The Sims 4 folder onto my desktop so that a new one was generated in the EA folder automatically. When I launched the game again, it worked but I lost all of mu saved games. 

Can I just delete the "old" folder on my desktop and continue playing in this "new" version? 

I hope that maybe this is helpful to someone with the same issue Standard smile

Message 106 of 730 (928 Views)

Re: Sims 4 is already running error!

★★★ Novice

Hi,

Yes! If i remove the UserData.lock file i can open my game, but none of the CC or mods work and i cant save any of the households I made. And it resets ALL my settings to default every time i re-open the game. So basically i can open the game, but its like starting brand new every time. The game doesn't save any CAS or Build Mode progress... 

And yes, i also have a MacBook. I have the Pro model so i don’t think the model makes any difference! I think the problem is how Sims 4 and Catalina are just not compatible together atm, and something glitches out. As i gather, we both had problems as soon as we updated to the newest software. Hopefully, fingers crossed, it will get fixed, but yea its so annoying! x

Message 107 of 730 (758 Views)

Re: Sims 4 is already running error!

★★★ Novice
And yes! My game also opens up differently. It opens up as a window rather than a fullscreen, so its defo something wrong with Sims 4 and Catalina compatibility.
Message 108 of 730 (756 Views)

Re: Why won't Sims 4 work on Catalina update?

★ Novice

I had the same problem. Someone recommended me to deleted the 'UserData.lock' file from EA folder...I did that. It worked (the game runs) but now lost all my saves (even though they are still in the map) Still the game isn't running like it used too.

Message 109 of 730 (935 Views)

Re: Can´t Start Sims4 [ed35e0ea:29f00e76:00000000:18a1dd51]

Hero (Retired)

@yvettej18 @orangemonkey10 I have moved your posts to their own thread in the Mac Technical Issues thread, where you may get more relevant help about your issues. 

In the meantime, if this happened for you after the Catalina upgrade, please see this post for some troubleshooting ideas: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-Mac/Info-The-Sims-4-macOS-Catalina-Troubleshooting/m-p/82...

Message 110 of 730 (929 Views)