Re: not responding the sims 4

by Vanidorr

Original Post

Re: Sims 4 is already running error!

★★★★ Novice

Theres a troubleshooting page for common problems, but I'm not sure if it would help this time. Have you tried repairing the game in Origin? I don't know if there's a way to get your save files back though if you don't keep regular back ups.
The troubleshooting page is here if you'd like to take a look: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-Mac/Info-The-Sims-4-macOS-Catalina-Troubleshooting/m-p/82...

Message 81 of 730 (2,030 Views)

Re: Sims 4

★★★★ Novice

Hi there! Not sure the exact details of your problem, but if this is to do with the new Mac OS Catalina update, you might find some common fixes here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-Mac/Info-The-Sims-4-macOS-Catalina-Troubleshooting/m-p/82...

Before doing anything though, I suggest backing up your entire game folder (tray files, saves, mods, literally the entire My Documents>Sims 4 folder) and then trying to troubleshoot. Some people are losing their save files so best to back it all up to the desktop and then try the things in the above link.

I hope this helps!

Message 82 of 730 (2,032 Views)

★★★★ Novice
Message 83 of 730 (2,033 Views)

Re: Freezing during CAS Sims 4

★★★★ Novice
@Maarriiaah There's a known bug for Catalina with game freezes. Theres a troubleshooting page here, hopefully it might help: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-Mac/Info-The-Sims-4-macOS-Catalina-Troubleshooting/m-p/82...

@Margaritas21 @skippystarship this might help you both in the meantime too? I am sure I patch will come quickly given the extent of the problem for Mac users so fingers crossed we get a fix soon.
Message 84 of 730 (1,947 Views)

★★★ Novice

Hi,

Yes, i have seen this page before, and i tried all the steps. Nothing would make my game play as normal with my usual UserData file. The only way the game “works” is if i move the file out. It gets replaced with a new one once i open up the game again. And i wouldn’t mind starting over if nothing else can be done - Its just that every time i open up the game, NONE of the setting changes i made stay. E.g. I always play with 14day calendar, but every time i change the setting and restart the game, it just goes back to default. And a “Would you like a Sims 4 tutorial?” pops up every single time. And none of my mods work either. Its so annoying.

I just wanna know what the problem is? Is it the game? Or the new Catalina update? Or a broken mod?

Thanks x

Message 85 of 730 (1,940 Views)

★★ Novice

I'm having the same issue. I tried moving the old folder back in (replacing the new one), but the game gave me the "already open" error again... I've been troubleshooting this for 4 hours now! I've uninstalled the game, uninstalled origin, reset my game, reset origin, taken out all my mods, restarted my computer, and even tried opening the game with a backup instead of the current folder (which I figured could be corrupt. Nothing. I've searched everywhere for answers with no answers Frown  

Message 86 of 730 (1,932 Views)

★★★ Novice

Hi,

Do you also have Mac? And if so, did you also update to the new Macos Catalina? Im just trying to find the core of the problem. For me everything started after i updated my computer to the new software... Tho j have seen people talk about the same issue as old as 2017, so it might not be that at all. 🙄😫 

Message 87 of 730 (1,928 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I was also having this issue so came to the forums yesterday. I did the following step that @Vanidorr  shared: 

I’m unable to start the game, I get a message that The Sims 4 is already running after I have updated to macOS Catalina Beta 11 - what can I do?

Try deleting/moving the UserData.lock file located in /Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 4

It allowed me to run The Sims again, although it seemed slower starting, so great (at first). I then moved my saves back so I could play a ROM house I just started & was really getting into. Made some good progess with one of my spellcasters, was having a good time, but then I tried to save my game. It froze :/ I eventually had to force quit TS4 & none of my progress was saved. Completely bummed. Anyone else have this issue or any suggestions? Any idea if EA is finally going to release an update that allows us (macOS Catalina-users) to play again too? Thanks for anyone's input.

Message 88 of 730 (1,986 Views)

★★ Novice
@renarsspons Yes I'm on MacOS. (I have a macbook air if that makes a difference) I just updated to Catalina last night and tried to open my game this morning to find this issue for the first time. It's so frustrating! Most of the people who had the issue were on Windows 10, and a fix was found. But the fix they used isn't possible on MacOS Frown
Message 89 of 730 (1,910 Views)

Re: Can´t Start Sims4 [ed35e0ea:29f00e76:00000000:18a1dd51]

★★★ Novice

I had the same issue today, after installing the new Mac Catalina iOS. 

I fixed it by: 

Going to system preferences > security & privacy > privacy > full disc access, and allowing this for origin. 

Hope this helps someone else! 

Message 90 of 730 (1,993 Views)