Re: Constant "Not Responding" Notification on Mac

by weilinnn

Original Post

@aestes71

You need to disable Origin In Game to stop the freezing.

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 51 of 730 (4,017 Views)

Re: Information for Mac users running macOS Lion (10.7)

@MythKit01

I’ve moved your post as it is not relevant to the Lion thread. Please read the Accepted Solution on page one of this thread (2nd post) for the two workarounds for Catalina users.

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 52 of 730 (4,020 Views)

Re: New update on mac causing sims have an error

★★ Novice
@Wlc0349 how do I fix that problem?
Message 53 of 730 (3,968 Views)

Can't run The Sims 4 on macOS Catalina

★★ Novice

Recently just got the devastating news that macOS catalina do not support 32-bit programs right after I updated my macbook. Is there a way for EA to develop of 64-bit version of The Sims 4?

Message 54 of 730 (3,815 Views)

Re: New update on mac causing sims have an error

★★★★★ Novice

The ‘game is running’ and freezing bugs happened to me after updating to Catalina too.

I followed the suggestions and everything works fine now, Here’s how i solved it:

1. Go to the Documents > Electronic Arts > The Sims 4 folder. Move the whole folder to Desktop 

2. Launch the game to the main menu, then quit
3. Inside the Sims 4 folder at your Desktop, copy the ‘saves’ folder to Documents > Electronic Arts > The Sims 4 (do the same for Mods and Tray)

6D2410B4-AB41-400D-882D-C2A5825B265A.jpeg

Message 55 of 730 (4,100 Views)

Crash after Mac update

★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? BASE 1.56.52.1220
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All expansions pack All games pack except Magic Laundry Day & Glamour stuff pack
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? It happens within 20 minutes of being in the game (new game or saved game)
What happens when the bug occurs? My cursor starts spinning, unable to click anything All sims stop moving (if you are in game) Eventually, i'll minimize the game and it will state "application not responding"
What do you expect to see? I expected the game to run smoothly
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. I updated my laptop to macOS Catalina Version 10.15

I updated my Macbook Pro to macOS Catalina. Right before installing, my sims 4 was fine and everything worked as per normal.

After updating my Macbook Pro, i am still able to enter Sims 4 but it keeps hanging on me!

I thought the current game save was wonky so i deleted it and created a new family. But, within 20 minutes of being in sims 4, it hangs again

i've tried restarting my laptop, uninstalling everything, and installing everything back. Nothing works.

is this because of my laptop update?

please help!

Message 56 of 730 (2,806 Views)

★★★ Novice
@aestes71 Me too.. It freezes every 5 to 10 minutes!
Message 57 of 730 (4,045 Views)

Re: Why won't Sims 4 work on Catalina update?

★★★★★ Novice
@glitterbitcxx I am having the exact same problem. Does EA plan to release an update to fix this?
Message 58 of 730 (3,863 Views)

Re: Information for Mac users running macOS Lion (10.7)

★★★★★ Novice

This is happening to me as well.

Message 59 of 730 (4,053 Views)

Re: macOS thread - updated to include 10.15 Catalina

★ Guide
@Bluebellflora Yeah, that's what I expected. I just did a laptop restart and it worked fine (no need for a clean folder) so I'm gonna cross my fingers that this morning was an unfortunate glitch.
I'm on the public release version of Catalina.
Message 60 of 730 (4,005 Views)