Re: Constant "Not Responding" Notification on Mac

by ToKiHyou

Original Post

★★★ Apprentice

@SlayerboyM88  I just had it freeze as well right now Zipped lips

There was a second part to the remedy, that I think was for lagging/freezing ... I will try that and see if it works. Thumbs up

Message 31 of 730 (7,846 Views)

Freezing during CAS Sims 4

★★ Novice

I just updated my Mac laptop to os Catalina and my game keeps freezing when I go in CAS mode. I've repaired, uninstalled, updated, and I keep getting stuck at some point in CAS. I've removed my CC and put it back in again, but it still freezes. I can only force quit to close the game. Is this happening to anyone else, if so have you been able to get it fixed?

Message 32 of 730 (7,848 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

It was @Bluebellflora  she has all the answers!

And they all work (at least for me) her solutions should be around page 27/28.

Best

Toki

Message 33 of 730 (7,842 Views)

Re: macOS thread - updated to include 10.15 Catalina

@rach1002000  I take it you're running Catalina, and now your Sims 4 game won't work?  I've merged your post into the master thread for macOS issues.  Please see the solution on page 1 (accepted for visibility) for troubleshooting steps you can take.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 34 of 730 (7,829 Views)

Re: macOS catalina can't run games

@maylee426 and @crazy4sims69  Please see this post from Bluebellflora, marked as a solution for visibility, describing how to fix the "Sims 4 is already running" issue.

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-Mac/macOS-thread-updated-to-include-10-15-Catalina/m-p/82...

@olliveoill2001  It's unfortunate, but the games you listed may never be updated to run in Catalina.  Sims 3 is getting a 64-bit update, but most games will probably just be abandoned.  If you have a Windows system or can Bootcamp your Mac, you'll still be able to play, but those are likely your only options.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 35 of 730 (7,938 Views)

Re: IOS update, game now will not open.

★★★ Newbie
@rach1002000 same here... it sucks.
Message 36 of 730 (7,820 Views)

Re: New update on mac causing sims have an error

★★★ Apprentice

So, I'm having a slightly different issue. Every time I try to run Sims, I see the Sims icon bouncing, and when it stops bouncing and I right-click, it shows that the application is not responding, so I then force quit. But this only started happening after I updated to the new OS, Catalina.

Message 37 of 730 (7,749 Views)

Ever since I installed the Official Mac OS Catalina my game won't open

★★★ Novice

I downloaded the official Mac OS Catalina last night and now my Sims game won't open and says its already open. 

Message 38 of 730 (7,991 Views)

Re: Freezing during CAS Sims 4

★ Novice
@Maarriiaah Sims 4 hadn't worked for months (I installed the Catalina beta on my Macbook Pro) but began working after I deleted the Sims 4 folder in Documents today. However, much to my frustration, the game froze three times in a row when I tried to create a new family. Hopefully a patch will solve this or someone will post a solution.
Message 39 of 730 (7,825 Views)

Re: Ever since I installed the Official Mac OS Catalina my game won't open

★ Novice
@Donolovescats I updated to Catalina today after playing Sims 4 earlier in the day and now have the same exact issue.
Message 40 of 730 (7,724 Views)