Re: Constant "Not Responding" Notification on Mac

by SlayerboyM88

Original Post

★★★ Novice

Hi! Unfortunately, I already tried that. When I first launched the game after the Catalina update SimGuruNick posted on Twitter that if we were missing save files we needed to move everything to desktop and let the game make a new save file folder. Even when everything was on the desktop and I was playing a completely new game, it was doing this not responding nonsense. 

Message 21 of 730 (5,354 Views)

@ZoeDanielle98

I've moved your posts to this thread on current macOS versions. Please disable Origin in game and see if that fixes it. Further instructions are a few posts up here - https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-Mac/macOS-thread-updated-to-include-10-15-Catalina/m-p/82...

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 22 of 730 (5,350 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I'm sorry to hear that!

the following did work Frown

Error message - Unable to start: The Sims 4 is already running

1. Move your Sims 4 folder to the desktop (this resets it back to default settings but all your data is safe in the folder you moved)
  2. Launch the game to the main menu then quit
  3. Open the Sims 4 folder you moved to the desktop then the saves folder. Select all your saves and drag them into the newly created saves folder in Documents > Electronic Arts > The Sims 4
  4. Do the same for the Tray, Mods and Screenshots folders
Message 23 of 730 (5,297 Views)

★★★ Novice
@ToKiHyou How do you find the TS4 folder in finder? I can't find it under applications or in the Library menu.
Message 24 of 730 (5,283 Views)

Re: New update on mac causing sims have an error

★ Novice
@Bluebellflora Thank You soooo much for this. It worked and my game is starting now
Message 25 of 730 (5,237 Views)

Re: macOS catalina can't run games

★★ Novice

same here i just finished update from origin but still doesn't run says already running, how frustrating

Message 26 of 730 (5,014 Views)

@nbeds1999

In your Documents > Electronic Arts folder.

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 27 of 730 (4,930 Views)

IOS update, game now will not open.

★★ Novice

My laptop did the new IOS update this morning and now my Sims 4 game will not open. Every time I go to launch it it brings up an error box saying it is already running which it is not. 

I have tried rebooting my laptop, plus relaunching the game and repairing it etc. Any help would be appreciate.

Message 28 of 730 (4,871 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@ToKiHyou Thanks for this! Sadly, the game is still barely usable as it keeps freezing at random. Any suggestions? (2017 MacBook Pro which ran Sims 4 perfectly fine before today.)
Message 29 of 730 (4,902 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

@nbeds1999  Go to Finder >> Documents >> Electronic Arts >> The Sims 4  Standard smile

Message 30 of 730 (4,886 Views)