Im so disappointed that I cannot play Disc Univ because of this Legacy update.

by ashleemelson

Original Post

is it going to be the legacy edition on laptop?

★★★ Newbie

hello EA Games I have a question. Is the sims legacy edition going to be on laptop?

Message 20 of 55 (490 Views)

Re: is it going to be the legacy edition on laptop?

[ Edited ]
Champion

@CallieHoney3, the Legacy Edition is for any computer that only has a 32-bit Operating System.  If you have a 64-bit Operating System you won't need the Legacy Edition. Wink  Here is some more info: https://answers.ea.com/t5/General-Discussion-and-Feedback/The-Sims-4-Update-on-Supported-Systems/m-p...

Edit to add :  the above info was for PCs.  For Macs the Legacy Edition is for any Mac that doesn't support Metal!  ( @CallieHoney3 ,  Sorry for forgetting to add that! Oops)

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 21 of 55 (482 Views)

Re: Can't play the Sims after today's update (forced legacy edition)

★★★ Novice

Well, this is what happens when you type something in Google Search and end up in a foreign land without realizing it. ;-)

Hopefully, I can find the General Discussion area and hopefully learn more about my PC.

It IS 64-bit and I have 4gb available RAM, yet I was forced to install the legacy edition.

Message 22 of 55 (550 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@LoriBQ Since you only have 4 GB of RAM, the game probably force the 32 bit game version of the game on you before the update which led to it being legacy now.

You don't need to though.

This posts gives you instructions how to switch to 64 bit: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-PC/PLEASE-POST-HERE-Questions-regarding-drop-of-32-bit-OS...

If you can, it might be worth considering adding extra RAM though.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 23 of 55 (542 Views)

★★★ Novice
@crinrict I was actually thinking that as well. I do have a 64-bit OS but when I installed Seasons, Origin started messing with me. Thanks for the link, and I intend to upgrade RAM over Christmas.
Message 24 of 55 (522 Views)

Re: Whats up with the Sims4 Legacy Edition??

@natalierebecca96

You can still play all the packs you have purchased, you are not locked out of your game. The Gallery is a bonus additional feature and not part of a pack or the base game, you have not paid for it.

If you want to buy Discover University and later packs you will need to buy a 64-bit Windows machine or Metal compatible Mac.

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 26 of 55 (569 Views)

WHY IS EA MAKING US SUFFER FOR NOT HAVING A NEW MACHINE

★★★ Novice

I get all the posts. I've seen the patch notes. I get it. We (anyone with the Legacy Edition) have been told over and over it's because our machines are too old. BUT WHY.

Not a SINGLE post has explained why. It's just a typical response of "It's sucks i'm sorry."

That's not good enough.

EA needs to tell us why.

"They just aren't providing support."

Not good enough.

But you know what? I'm SO glad that EA let me know that this was happening. Oh wait. They didn't. As a consumer, you should probably let me know when you're deciding to CUT OFF MY SUPPORT. No emails. No notification prompts in the UI of Origin. Nothing.

"But they published patch notes and announced it."

Doesn't matter, I don't read their website daily nor do I go on their twitter. As a user, I shouldn't HAVE to. Especially for something this monumental.

I love all the people just acting like it's not a big deal. All of these users now lost all of the access to other users creations and all access to anything new. You alienated us from playing University after you ADVERTISED IT TO ALL OF US AND LET US BUY IT WITHOUT ANY KIND OF WARNING.

"But you can get it refunded."

I did. But why do I need to miss out just because I don't have $1,500 to drop on a new machine? They need to fix this.

Message 27 of 55 (558 Views)

Re: WHY IS EA MAKING US SUFFER FOR NOT HAVING A NEW MACHINE

[ Edited ]

@OrangeCatTeeEM

Moved your post from Mac tech into this one for feedback.

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 28 of 55 (534 Views)

Re: Whats up with the Sims4 Legacy Edition??

★★★ Apprentice

If its a Mac you may have to do what I did. My 2010 iMac doesn't work with Metal, but works with 64 bit windows. I used Boot Camp to make a Windows partition and installed 64 bit windows 7. It was a real hassle but it does work.

Message 29 of 55 (511 Views)

Im so disappointed that I cannot play Disc Univ because of this Legacy update.

★★★ Newbie

Will I ever get the opportunity to play new expansion packs and other upgrades? Will there be a fix for this issue in the very near future or will we (legacy users) have to invest in new computers?

Message 30 of 55 (551 Views)