I updated my mac, and my households got deleted

by tinateen122

Original Post

Re: I updated my mac, and my households got deleted

★★ Apprentice
Okay so under my sister's folder, I did the common + i and when I looked it said it was created yesterday and the user was me. But I don't understand that because it has a bunch of saves in it. So, does that mean its also my folder and that my saves are in two different folders for some weird reason?
Message 41 of 77 (377 Views)

★★ Apprentice
Okay, that you for your patience and help.
Message 42 of 77 (373 Views)

@tinateen122  Let's set that question aside for the moment.  Are all of your TS4 game folders somewhere in the one master folder on your desktop?

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 43 of 77 (370 Views)

@tinateen122  I can still help walk you through this process if you'd like.  Or, if you prefer, you can wait for Bluebellflora to return around the same time tomorrow.

Message 44 of 77 (355 Views)

★★ Apprentice
Sorry i'm stupid what is a master folder? And I'm gonna guess no because I put the empty Sims 4 folders on my desktop.
Message 45 of 77 (354 Views)

★★ Apprentice
No it's okay I will take any help I can get and you were really helpful yesterday.
Message 46 of 77 (353 Views)

★★ Apprentice
Actually I put the empty Sims 4 folders in the trash. And the original one, I put inside a sims 4 user data folder that I was supposed to create. I also have another sims 4 folder that is all empty except for the fact that it has saves in it which is strange. So, I don't know what to do with that folder.
Message 47 of 77 (346 Views)

@tinateen122  You did that right.  When I said the "master folder," I meant the one that you were told to create ("Sims 4 User Data").  Inside that folder, you have some subfolders labeled "Sims 4 data 1," "Sims 4 data 2," etc., right?  Well, make one more folder next to these, label it "Sims 4 data 3" or whatever the next number is.  Place the TS4 folder that is empty other than a few saves inside this last folder that you just created.

Message 48 of 77 (328 Views)

★★ Apprentice
Yes, I have that all right. The sims 4 data 1, I have my original photo and saves. in my sims 4 data 2, I have what I thought was my sisters folder, but i figured out it was mine. This folder has more saves and I have no ides how or why they ended up in a different folder. In the sims 4 data 3, I have some random music its literally one one tab with music so I don't think i really need it. Now that I have everything like that, what should I do with my other saves and the music? Also, should I leave the other folders-cache, videos, screenshots, mods, etc, on my desktop for now? I don't understand how the game will load without my cache and tray folders and all that stuff
Message 49 of 77 (318 Views)

[ Edited ]

@tinateen122  All that other stuff can go in another subfolder, let's say "Sims 4 data 4," for now.  We can sort through it later.  But make sure you're preserving any saves you find sitting on the desktop.  Just dump them in this last folder for now.  The idea is to put everything you want to keep into the "Sims 4 User Data" folder, where it will sit until needed.

The empty TS4 game folders can go in the trash.  When you're sure there's nothing in the trash that you'd like to keep, you can empty it.

Message 50 of 77 (313 Views)