Re: I updated my game to the latest patch and my households keep deleting.

by tochidi

Original Post

Accepted Solution

I updated my game to the latest patch and my households keep deleting.

★★★ Newbie

So I updated my sims 4 game to (Mac Version 1.27.80.1220) the latest patch and when i played my game after the update, all my households deleted. So I made a new household and I put them in an apartment. I went to make another sim and when i tried to place them, my other sims that i just made deleted. So, i quit the game and came back and he same person i had before was there and i could not do anything but let them move in. I took out all my custom content and tried it again. Then I uninstalled the game and reinstalled it and nothing happened. Is there anything I can do to fix this? (btw this is the update with the new home screen)

Message 1 of 10 (1,099 Views)

Accepted Solution

EA app Team

Hi @Nneka234,

The user files for The Sims 4 (including your saved games) are stored in Documents \ Electronic Arts \ The Sims 4. For some reason that folder seems to be deleted, and so you are losing your progress. Is there anything in your computer that could be causing this? Do you have iCloud Drive enabled? When you save, a new file should be created in Documents \ Electronic Arts \ The Sims 4 \ saves. Check what happens with that file. Is it created properly? Is it being deleted somehow?

-Mai

View in thread

Message 2 of 10 (1,363 Views)

All Replies

EA app Team

Hi @Nneka234,

The user files for The Sims 4 (including your saved games) are stored in Documents \ Electronic Arts \ The Sims 4. For some reason that folder seems to be deleted, and so you are losing your progress. Is there anything in your computer that could be causing this? Do you have iCloud Drive enabled? When you save, a new file should be created in Documents \ Electronic Arts \ The Sims 4 \ saves. Check what happens with that file. Is it created properly? Is it being deleted somehow?

-Mai

Message 2 of 10 (1,364 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Do you know why or how its deleting because the household that i lost i built the house for and it took me about 3-4 hours to build and i was really proud of it.

Message 3 of 10 (845 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

And also when i install my custom content it doesn't work i go to documents/electronic arts/sims 4 and i put them in that folder and it doesn't work. Do you know why this is happening or how i can fix this please reply when you can.

Message 4 of 10 (843 Views)

★ Novice

This is because you have to put it in your mods folder

Message 5 of 10 (833 Views)

@Marinaaaxoxox

If you're losing saves you probably have iCloud Drive enabled. Check your settings and change them if necessary.

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 6 of 10 (825 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

thank you for replying. I checked my settings and it was always enabled. Is there something that can cause it to delete anyway?

Message 7 of 10 (817 Views)

@Marinaaaxoxox

If it is enabled then you need to disable it because it is storing your Documents folder in iCloud. Full instructions are in the link I provided in my previous post Standard smile

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 8 of 10 (799 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Im not so good with these type of directions. Is there a way i can live chat with someone from origin?

Message 9 of 10 (789 Views)

Message 10 of 10 (785 Views)