I need to update sims 4 but it won't let me!!!

by HolyMangos

Original Post

I need to update sims 4 but it won't let me!!!

★★★ Newbie

I need to update my sims 4, it allows me to update it to about 5% and then stops and comes up with this message 

Origin is not able to download The Sims™ 4 to EAPatch error: unknown error 0x00002003: File write failure /Applications/The Sims 4.app/Contents/Data/Client/ClientDeltaBuild1.package_DiP_STAGED.eaPatchTemp [Class: 3 SysErr: -1 ErrId: 8195] at (:0) Ctx: /Applications/The Sims 4.app/Contents/Data/Client/ClientDeltaBuild1.package_DiP_STAGED.eaPatchTemp.

Please check that the location is available or cancel and restart the download to another location

How do i download to another location or sort this out?

i don't really get it.

thanks

Message 1 of 6 (2,964 Views)

Re: I need to update sims 4 but it won't let me!!!

[ Edited ]

@HolyMangos

Please run the Origin reset tool and try again - https://help.ea.com/en-gb/help/origin/origin/how-to-reset-origin-on-mac/

Edit - is the game installed in your Applications folder correctly?

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 2 of 6 (2,947 Views)

★★ Novice

this happens to me a lot, what i do is force quit and reboot origin until it downloads

Message 3 of 6 (2,932 Views)

[ Edited ]
EA app Team

Hi @HolyMangos @themsprincesslun,

Are you still having this issue?

If so, could you please share with us the Origin logs that are located in ~/Library/Application Support/Origin/Logs ? It would help us investigate this issue. You can upload them to any file sharing website and send me the link by private message.

Let us know if you have any questions.

Thank you!

-Mai

Message 4 of 6 (2,918 Views)

upgrade sims

★★★ Newbie

we are receiving this message..trying to upgrade

Origin is not able to download The Sims™ 4 to EAPatch error: unknown error 0x00002003: File write failure /Applications/The Sims 4.app/Contents/Data/Client/ClientDeltaBuild6.package_DiP_STAGED.eaPatchTemp [Class: 3 SysErr: -1 ErrId: 8195] at (:0) Ctx: /Applications/The Sims 4.app/Contents/Data/Client/ClientDeltaBuild6.package_DiP_STAGED.eaPatchTemp.

Please check that the location is available or cancel and restart the download to another location.

Message 5 of 6 (2,911 Views)

Re: upgrade sims

EA app Team

Hi @Fluffycat135,

The Origin team is trying to investigate this issue and they would love to see some logs for this issue.

If you are willing to help, could you please share with us the Origin logs that are located in ~/Library/Application Support/Origin/Logs ? You can upload the log files to any file sharing site and then send us the link to the files via PM (send a PM to either me or EA_Mai).

Thank you,

EA_Mage

Someone answered your question? Hit that 'Accept as Solution' button.

You like a post? 'XP' button is your friend.

Message 6 of 6 (2,885 Views)