I need some advice on Installing sims3pack on 64bit version please

by DavidStuart10

Original Post

Accepted Solution

I need some advice on Installing sims3pack on 64bit version please

★★★★ Novice

I need some advice on Installing sims3pack files please, as when I install any even if its just some hair from the sims 3 store, it installs but then the game won't open after installation.

Ive cleared cache files, cleared DCBackup folder minus cc merged, repaired the game, made a fresh folder for the sims 3 I think I've tried absolutely everything but I'm stuck at this impasse.

If anyone has had this issue or something similar I would very much appreciate the help/advice.

Message 1 of 3 (256 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: I need some advice on Installing sims3pack on 64bit version please

@DavidStuart10  If you ever cleared any Origin cache files or ran the reset tool, did you repair the game afterwards?  If you're not sure, another repair would address any issues on that front.

And if you haven't tried installing only one item into a clean Sims 3 user folder, please try that as well, just in case the problem is installing too much content at once.

Please also check whether you have iCloud Drive set to automatically sync the contents of Documents with cloud storage.  This article describes the relevant settings:

https://bluebellflora.com/2017/02/06/sims-3-and-sims-4-not-loading-save-games/

If that's not the issue, please let me know exactly what happens when you try to launch the game after installing, including a screenshot of any error message you get.  And if you run a third-party antivirus or cleaner app, I'd like to know which one.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.

View in thread

Message 2 of 3 (246 Views)

All Replies

@DavidStuart10  If you ever cleared any Origin cache files or ran the reset tool, did you repair the game afterwards?  If you're not sure, another repair would address any issues on that front.

And if you haven't tried installing only one item into a clean Sims 3 user folder, please try that as well, just in case the problem is installing too much content at once.

Please also check whether you have iCloud Drive set to automatically sync the contents of Documents with cloud storage.  This article describes the relevant settings:

https://bluebellflora.com/2017/02/06/sims-3-and-sims-4-not-loading-save-games/

If that's not the issue, please let me know exactly what happens when you try to launch the game after installing, including a screenshot of any error message you get.  And if you run a third-party antivirus or cleaner app, I'd like to know which one.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 3 (247 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@puzzlezaddict Thank you for the advice! It turns out I was installing too many at once and it seems to only work when I do one at a time, which in turn is tedious but at least it works haha thank you!
Message 3 of 3 (220 Views)