Re: I moved my cc into the folder downloads!

by crinrict

Original Post

Accepted Solution

I moved my cc into the folder downloads!

★★ Novice

At first I thought the mod file was missing then I tried fixing it with replies for that question, but I made a mistake and I really moved my cc into the download file on my mac and I tried moving it back and forth like 4 times, and now when I open the game I don't have any of my mods and it took me hours to get it all, it also deleted my save although I have the saves folder with them in it. Can anyone help me fix this? Or did I ruin my game forever?

Message 1 of 3 (524 Views)

Accepted Solution

Hero

Hi @goobiascoffee

moved your post to the mac forum for better help.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 2 of 3 (575 Views)

All Replies

Hero

Hi @goobiascoffee

moved your post to the mac forum for better help.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 3 (576 Views)

@goobiascoffee  The best thing to do is probably to rebuild your game folder from scratch, just to make sure everything is where it needs to be.  You can pull your existing TS4 folder (the one with your saves and mods) onto your desktop and launch the game again to get a clean folder.  Play for a bit, just to make sure the game is working, and then you can start moving your saves, mods, and other content into it from your old folder.

It's probably best to move a few mods first and then see if they show up in-game.  If so, you can put them aside and test another batch of mods, and then another, until you establish that all of your mods are working properly.  If a batch doesn't work, you can split it and test smaller groups, then split them, until you've identified the problem mod(s).  The same concept applies to cc as well.

After you've tested all of your mods and cc, you can copy one of your saves into your new game folder.  (It's a good idea to keep a backup of this save.)  If it loads, and your content shows up, you're all set.

If for some reason you can't get your mods to appear in-game in your new folder, it's possible that you have a second TS4 folder that the game is reading instead.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 3 of 3 (483 Views)