I dont have a sims 4 folder

by MadelineJeanM

Original Post

I dont have a sims 4 folder

★★★ Newbie

So my CC stopped registering to my game a long time ago but I just gave up on trying until now. I realized it wasn't working because my resource.cfg (whatever it is) was missing. So I looked up so many ways to get it work again I.E move the old folder that isn't working missing the resource thing and start the game and it should make a new one, it didn't. So i decided i would start fresh on my whole game to clear up space anyway, So I looked up what you do. So I deleted my sims 4 folder (everything, the whole thing) like completely restarted my game (because that was supposed to generate a new folder..) well it didn't. So i uninstalled the whole game and every single pack and started the game back up after waiting 4 hours for it to reinstall and nothing. still no folder. i legit do not know what to do but i am going crazy trying to figure it out. I am using a MAC and i HAVE searched everywhere (Cloud/Desktop/Documents)  i did the thing where you go into the game and look at saves (which i still had for some reason which made no sense to me as i deleted them.. but no avail it brought me to some weird scratch folder but no sign of anything other than saves.. PLEASE help me i am desperate.. 

Message 2 of 4 (681 Views)

Sims 4 Mods folder won't reappear

★ Novice

Hi!

I've been trying to troubleshoot my roommate's Sims 4 game. She had a Mods folder (under Documents/Electronic Arts/Sims 4), but no Resource.cfg file. No problem! I renamed the Mods folder, moved it out of the Sims 4 folder, and restarted the game. But it didn't make one to replace it! I've tried repairing the game, switching CC/script mods on and off in settings, etc. to no avail. The game just refuses to make a new folder.

Does anyone know what I can do?

Thank you!

Message 1 of 4 (670 Views)

Re: I dont have a sims 4 folder

[ Edited ]

@MadelineJeanM 

The Scratch folder within the saves folder is created when you are actively playing the game and then should disappear when you quit the game. If the game crashes it doesn't normally disappear.

Please open Terminal and copy and paste the following search command then hit Enter/Return:

find ~ -type d -name "*The Sims 4*" 2>/dev/null

After a little while it will return the results of the search. Please copy and paste the results in a post here.

Have you read this stickied thread relating to iCloud? https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-Mac/READ-FIRST-Saves-CC-Mods-or-Library-items-disappeared...

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 3 of 4 (633 Views)

Re: Sims 4 Mods folder won't reappear

@6767josie

Please see my reply above.

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png