Re: I don't have a sims 4 folder in my electronic arts folder

by Bluebellflora

Original Post

Accepted Solution

I don't have a sims 4 folder in my electronic arts folder

★★★ Newbie

So I have been trying to download cc for my sims for a while but nothing will work. I did have a sims 4 folder in the electronic arts folder at one time and was able to put things (ending in .package) in my mods folder but they never showed up in my game, I even made sure that I went to game options and checked the boxes for cc. So I thought I'll just uninstall the game and reinstall and I'll get a new folder in my electronic arts, but one never showed up. I made sure to run the game (from online answers) but nothing still. I then tried to follow the iCloud path because mine is kind of messed up, but that wasn't the issue as my documents aren't uploaded to the cloud. When I do try and click documents in my finder the message "'Documents' can’t be opened because the original item can’t be found." so I figured just search in the spotlight (that's how I got to the folder before I uninstalled) and a few different things happen: 1- When I search documents a whole bunch of empty folders comes up. 2- When I search sims 4 all that comes up is a folder with a bunch of blank docs and box looking things. 3- Then when I search for electronic arts, it comes up as empty.

Please help!!

Message 1 of 6 (390 Views)

Accepted Solution

@claireivey258 

Thanks, that's great Standard smile

So this line:

/Users/claireivey2//Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 4

shows us that your Sims 4 folder is in the Electronic Arts folder which is in your Documents folder in your Mac user account. In a Finder window can you see the little house icon with your user name next to it? If you click on it you should see the Documents folder in the Finder window. 

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -

View in thread

Message 4 of 6 (303 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]

@claireivey258

Can you please go into Applications > Utilities and open Terminal. In the command line prompt please copy and paste the following line and then hit enter:

find ~/ -name "The Sims 4"

Give your Mac a little while to populate the results. If it seems like it is not doing anything don't worry. Once it has returned the results please select them and copy and paste here. I don't need all text form that window, just the search results.

AHQSigImage.png
Message 2 of 6 (355 Views)

★★★ Newbie

find: /Users/claireivey2//Library/Caches/com.apple.ap.adprivacyd: Operation not permitted

/Users/claireivey2//Applications/The Sims 4.app/Contents/MacOS/The Sims 4

/Users/claireivey2//Applications/The Sims 4.app/Contents/Resources/The Sims 4.app/Contents/MacOS/The Sims 4

find: /Users/claireivey2//.Trash: Operation not permitted

Claires-MacBook-Pro:~ claireivey2$ 

there was a lot more above it that was similar, tell me if you need that as well

Message 3 of 6 (324 Views)

@claireivey258 

Thanks, that's great Standard smile

So this line:

shows us that your Sims 4 folder is in the Electronic Arts folder which is in your Documents folder in your Mac user account. In a Finder window can you see the little house icon with your user name next to it? If you click on it you should see the Documents folder in the Finder window. 

AHQSigImage.png
Message 4 of 6 (304 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Found it! Thank you!!!

Message 5 of 6 (298 Views)

@claireivey258