by cltswkfy6rtc

Original Post

Accepted Solution

I can't find my old sims after the new Legacy Edition update

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.58.63.1610
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Get together, get to work, Cats and dogs, city living, seasons, dine out, laundry day, outdoor retreat, movie hangout.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? In my game
What happens when the bug occurs? When I open the game
What do you expect to see? My old sims
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

So I downloaded the Legacy Edition but now my game has completely restarted. It's like I've never played the game before. None of my pre-existing sims are still there. In the Sims 4 file in documents, I can still see my screenshots before and everything but in the game, nothing is there. I can also see the 2 different folders for the sims 4 and the legacy edition but I don't know how that's supposed to help me. How do I get my old sims back after the legacy update?

Message 1 of 2 (229 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: I can't find my old sims after the new Legacy Edition update

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@cltswkfy6rtcI believe I may be able to fill this one.
1. Copy the contents of your saves folder into The Sims 4 Legacy Edition folder's saves folder.
2. Load up The Sims 4 Legacy Edition on your computer. Hopefully, all of your saves should show up and you can continue to play where you left off!

View in thread

Message 2 of 2 (215 Views)

All Replies

Re: I can't find my old sims after the new Legacy Edition update

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@cltswkfy6rtcI believe I may be able to fill this one.
1. Copy the contents of your saves folder into The Sims 4 Legacy Edition folder's saves folder.
2. Load up The Sims 4 Legacy Edition on your computer. Hopefully, all of your saves should show up and you can continue to play where you left off!

Message 2 of 2 (216 Views)