Re: I can't download the Sims 3...pls help

by CoconutSeltzer

Original Post

Accepted Solution

I can't download the Sims 3...pls help

★★ Novice

I have a MacBook Pro and Origin won't let me download the Sims 3. I keep getting error code 327682:0 which tells me to:

1) Temporarily disable your virus scanner/firewall
2) Run the Origin Client in administrator mode
3) Reboot your Machine and try installing again

I don't have and antivirus software installed, I am the admin, and I've rebooted my machine numerous times and it still doesn't work. I've tried going into restricted access mode on origin which just gives me a different error code. 

By the way, I have Catalina, but as of today (October 28th), the Sims 3 is available with a 64-bit option, so I don't think that's the problem.

Please help me! I really want to play The Sims 3!!!!

Thanks in advance Standard smile 

Message 1 of 7 (484 Views)

Accepted Solution

@CoconutSeltzer  Some people haven't had the 64-bit version added to their accounts yet; please see this thread for more information:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-Mac/64-bit-Sims-3-content-not-in-Origin-library/m-p/96533...

There's nothing you can do to switch to the 64-bit version.  It's a separate entry in your Origin game library and will say "64-bit" on the game tile.

DL 64-bit.png

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.

View in thread

Message 6 of 7 (395 Views)

All Replies

★★★ Novice

To my knowledge no player has made it past the menu screen. The game just isn’t working. 

Message 2 of 7 (477 Views)

@CoconutSeltzer  That's the error people see when they try to install the 32-bit version of Sims 3 in Catalina.  Please make sure you're downloading specifically the "64-bit and Metal" version.

Having said that, the game isn't currently working.  So you may want to put this aside for a bit and come back later.  I'll post when there's a fix.

Message 3 of 7 (466 Views)

★★ Novice

Thanks for responding, I think I am trying to download the 32 bit version (my game doesn't say 64-bit & metal), but I don't know how to switch to that version.

Message 4 of 7 (408 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Hey. I was searching for answers too until I just realized that after restarting Origins, there was an automatic update for the Sims 3 (64-Bit & Metal) that I believe released yesterday (Oct 28th). There should now be 2 versions of the Sims 3 on Origins but you have to specifically run the 64 Bit & Metal version as that is the version for us Mac owners.

Message 5 of 7 (401 Views)

@CoconutSeltzer  Some people haven't had the 64-bit version added to their accounts yet; please see this thread for more information:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-Mac/64-bit-Sims-3-content-not-in-Origin-library/m-p/96533...

There's nothing you can do to switch to the 64-bit version.  It's a separate entry in your Origin game library and will say "64-bit" on the game tile.

DL 64-bit.png

Message 6 of 7 (396 Views)

★★ Novice
@puzzlezaddict Thank you so much!
Message 7 of 7 (363 Views)