I can Not install content or worlds after update please help!!!!

by ThnksWckd

Original Post

I can Not install content or worlds after update please help!!!!

★ Novice

I have tried installing, uninstalling, downloading nothing helps.... I only have ea content that will not install on my game

Message 1 of 5 (310 Views)

Re: I can Not install content or worlds after update please help!!!!

@ThnksWckd  You didn't say so, but I'm guessing you're playing TS3.  You probably have a corrupt content bundle in DCCache, and installing into this bundle isn't working.  Both store and custom content lands in DCCache: store content in .ebc files, and cc in .dbc files.  A world will also have a corresponding file in InstalledWorlds, a household or lot will have a file in Library, and a sim meant to be opened in CAS will have a file in SavedSims.

So the first thing to do is delete the cache files in your game folder in Documents.  For reference, they are: CASPartCache, compositorCache, scriptCache, simCompositorCache, and socialCache.  They should be deleted regularly even in the absence of any game trouble.  Then clear out any files that correspond to the content you can't install.  Even if it's not showing up in-game, get rid of the world files or whatever has been added to your game folder.

I'm not sure whether you're trying to install store content or cc, but either way, you'll need to remove your newest file from DCCache.  (Again, .ebc for store content, .dbc for cc.)  The files are numbered sequentially, with dcdb0 being the oldest.  If the issue is that the newest file is corrupt, removing it should let you install content again.

If that doesn't help, please post back with more details of what you're trying to install.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 5 (302 Views)

★ Novice

So I deleted the cache files (from doc/ea/sim3)... attempted to reinstall new worlds / content from store.  Launcher says are installed. NO CONTENT in game.  How do I fix?

Message 3 of 5 (284 Views)

★ Novice

Help

Message 4 of 5 (283 Views)

@ThnksWckd  Okay, it sounds like you have a corrupt .ebc file in DCCache.  Inside that folder, pull out the .ebc file with the highest number.  Also go into InstalledWorlds and trash any files that list the world(s) you haven't been able to install.  Then try installing just one of the items that has been giving you trouble.  If it shows up in-game, you can install more, but only a few items at a time.  Worlds are large and should be installed separately, not at the same time as anything else.

Keep in mind that any other store content that was installed into that .ebc file will now be gone, but you can reinstall it too.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 5 of 5 (275 Views)