I UNINSTALLED SIMS 4 AND NOW I CANT REINSTALL IT

by xpastelbeautyx

Original Post

Accepted Solution

I UNINSTALLED SIMS 4 AND NOW I CANT REINSTALL IT

★★★ Novice

I uninstalled sims 4 on my mac because it wouldnt update and i thought if i uninstalled it and then reinstalled it that it would be fixed, but now it won't let me reinstall it at all and it is saying I dont have any games yet, i've looked up what to do but nothing has worked. I got the sims 4 when it was free for a week but i purchased island living and EAHelp on twitter are not answering me at all. please help ASAP as it's been like this for days now and its really annoying

Message 1 of 12 (865 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: I UNINSTALLED SIMS 4 AND NOW I CANT REINSTALL IT

@xpastelbeautyx

Click on your profile in the bottom left corner of Origin, then Application Settings. Make sure you're in the Application tab and scroll down to Client Update.

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -

View in thread

Message 11 of 12 (1,031 Views)

All Replies

★★★ Novice

when you say uninstall, do you mean you uninstalled it through the origin app, or that you moved your sims app or folder to trash?

are you logged into the correct origin account?

are your filters in your game library hiding it for some reason?

Message 2 of 12 (852 Views)

★★★ Novice

i uninstalled it through the origin app and i dont think the filters are hiding it, thank you for replying by the way

Message 3 of 12 (835 Views)

@xpastelbeautyx

Are you logged in using the same Origin account you received the free base game through and bought Island Living in? Disable all the filters too.

AHQSigImage.png
Message 4 of 12 (814 Views)

★★★ Novice

I cant, whenever i open origin it just says the servers are temporarily unavailable and that it can't recieve my list of games and that i should turn it off and try again. No matter how many times i turn it off it just keeps saying it

Message 5 of 12 (797 Views)

★★★ Novice
@Bluebellflora I cant, whenever i open origin it just says the servers are temporarily unavailable and that it can't recieve my list of games and that i should turn it off and try again. No matter how many times i turn it off it just keeps saying it

Message 6 of 12 (794 Views)

★★★ Novice
@tayllah i uninstalled it through the origin app and i dont think the filters are hiding it, thank you for replying by the way

Message 7 of 12 (793 Views)

@xpastelbeautyx

Are you running Yosemite? https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-Mac/CURRENT-ISSUE-Connection-issues-for-OS-X-10-10-Yosemi...

AHQSigImage.png
Message 8 of 12 (765 Views)

★★★ Novice
@Bluebellflora i cant find my optional settings so i don't know ho tow uncheck the option to automatically update Origin and my games
Message 9 of 12 (733 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I’ve had this same problem for months, I’ve contacted EA but they’ve done nothing about it, if anyone can help that would be great!!

Message 10 of 12 (718 Views)