Re: How to get a refund Sims 3: island paradise

by puzzlezaddict

Original Post

How to get a refund Sims 3: island paradise

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Hi,

I just recently purchased 'The Sims 3: Island Paradise' from Origin; as I was finishing up the process of downloading/installing the game, there was a message telling me that the installation could not be continued-- giving me some suggestions upon how to resolve this issue, restarting my laptop, (which I did) try installing in administer mode, (which I am) and finally, disable any anti-virus softwares which there are none.

I've been looking everywhere for help with this, seeming never resolving issue, but have yet to be successful.

I've come to the conclusion that Origin is not updated, the game itself too has issues, and I should have just purchased the game on eBay or Amazon.

I've also been searching for a possible refund, although I have not opened, or even been able to play the game, I still made a purchase. It's incredibly disappointing if I can't communicate with this company and get my problem solved. 

Thanks in advance!

edited to reduce font size, for readability.  -puzzlezaddict

Message 1 of 2 (307 Views)

Re: How to get a refund Sims 3: island paradise

[ Edited ]

@10022018k  Sims 3 packs are considered DLC and are therefore not eligible for a refund under EA policy.  You might still be able to convince an EA customer support rep to grant one if you cannot in fact install Island Paradise, but there's no guarantee.

https://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/

If you'd like to troubleshoot the Origin issue, please post a screenshot of the error message you get when trying to install.  Please also let me know what version of macOS your computer runs.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 2 (280 Views)