Re: How to change the installation path

by Bluebellflora

Original Post

Re: Sims4 to download on to a hard drive on a MacBook pro

★ Apprentice
@elizabeth211995 The WD Elements is the name of a hard drive. Mine is WD Easy Store so i clicked on that one as that's the one i wanted to format.
Message 91 of 261 (1,232 Views)

Re: Sims4 to download on to a hard drive on a MacBook pro

@elizabeth211995

Ah, so maybe the drive was just corrupted and needed reformatting, thanks for clarifying Standard smile

You don't need wifi to save your game.

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 92 of 261 (1,221 Views)

★ Novice
@Bluebellflora my external drive isn't showing up on the options to reinstall - it only gives me the option to redirect the game onto another location on my Mac - could I drag it to the external drive and not relocate on origin?
Message 93 of 261 (5,463 Views)
Highlighted

@UniPixie01

Is the drive mounting properly on your Mac? What have you formatted the drive as?

You have to change the file path in Origin otherwise it won't know where to look for the game when you press play. Try following these instructions - https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-Mac/Can-t-find-External-Hard-Drive-in-Origin-MAC/m-p/8686...

AHQSigImage.png
Message 94 of 261 (5,444 Views)

★ Novice
@Bluebellflora Thanks for your help!! I just needed to figure out what the drive was called/where it was located.
Message 95 of 261 (5,418 Views)

No option to download games onto hard drive on Origin

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

I am having issues downloading my sims 4 game via origin on to my external hard drive. (This is on my MacBook Air). When I click into the Install & Saves tab, and try to change the location of my game library, my external hard drive does not come up as an option. It only gives me the option to choose the desktop and other folders on my computer. I attached two pictures to show what it looks like when I click game folder location. The second screenshot is of what options appear when I click desktop, none of which includes my hard drive.

In addition to this, I am having issues downloading my game and expansion packs on origin. When I launch the sims, it says my packs are in in the process of downloading, but origin isn't doing that. When I click expansion packs, and click download under each pack nothing happens.

If anyone could help I would graciously appreciate it. Thank you! Standard smile

Message 96 of 261 (2,105 Views)

Re: No option to download games onto hard drive on Origin

@shest14

Please follow the steps in the solution on page 1.

You need to opt out of Origin beta/technical preview to get your packs to download, it's a bug - https://answers.ea.com/t5/Origin-Client-Web-Technical/Mac-Download-Button-Not-Working-for-Sims-4-pac...

AHQSigImage.png
Message 97 of 261 (1,675 Views)

Re: Can't find External Hard Drive in Origin MAC

★★★ Newbie
@Bluebellflora I tried formatting to as MS-DOS but my computer said that it was unable to do that
Message 98 of 261 (1,466 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@Bluebellflora I got it. Thank you so much.
Message 99 of 261 (1,463 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@Bluebellflora Hello, I tried this but it says my folder is read only.
Message 100 of 261 (1,523 Views)