by cheho64

Original Post

Re: [MAC] Cheat Box Won't Open

★★★★★ Apprentice

On my mac control shift c works.

Message 20 of 179 (37,555 Views)

Champion

Go ahead and mark this issue as solved, please. 

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Message 21 of 179 (37,551 Views)

How to activate cheat text box of SIMS4 for MAC

★★★ Newbie

I cannot call the cheat box in MAC version with "control+shift+c"

How can I fix it?

Message 22 of 179 (5,995 Views)

Re: How to activate cheat text box of SIMS4 for MAC

Champion

If you have an external keyboard or can download a keyboard app for your iPad, that will allow you to use the Control + Shift + C.

Message 23 of 179 (5,977 Views)

Re: Mac Sims 4 Cheats

★★★ Newbie

Hey I had the same problem if you hold cmd+ctrl+shift+c 

Message 24 of 179 (123,863 Views)

Champion

It has always been in all versions of the Sims no matter the platform Control + Shift + C

If this is not working for you, then you need to hook up an external keyboard or perhaps change your keyboard configuration. 

Message 25 of 179 (123,844 Views)

★★★ Newbie
If you want money I have a solution!!!
Go into the community gallery and search up paintings then place a room or how much you want and then sell the paintings! It takes longer then just typing "motherlode" but until they fix this it's the best thing to do I just got more than 200 thousand dollars just from paintings I didn't even do!
Message 26 of 179 (123,010 Views)

Re: Cheat Box Won't Open

★★★ Newbie

same.

Message 27 of 179 (36,499 Views)

Re: Cheat Box Won't Open

[ Edited ]

@carrieheim28

Go into System Preferences > Keyboard > Modifier Keys and set another key as your CTRL key. 

This issue has nothing to do with a bug or glitch in the game. It is down to one or more of the following:

• Broken CTRL key(s). Connect another keyboard to see if this is the case.
  • 3rd party software that has changed the keyboard mapping, e.g. - screenshot software or video capture software.
  • 3rd party software that is conflicting with the game. Close down any other apps that are running.
  • User changes to the modifer keys in System Preferences. Has someone used your Mac under your user account and changed something without you knowing?
  • The Input Source in System Preferences > Keyboard has been changed to a different language. You could also try adding another language to see if this resolves the issue.

Just to confirm, to bring up the cheat console you type in CTRL, SHIFT and C. It has never been the CMD key. Yes, we normally substitute the CMD key for the CTRL key but not for Sims.

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 28 of 179 (2,942 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I also met this problem on Windows OS,but I found a weird method to solve it.I pressed ctrl+shift+windows+c instead of ctrl+shift+c.And it worked.So I wonder if you can try ctrl+shift+command+c because I think windows key to windows os is just like command key to mac os.

Regards.

Message 29 of 179 (2,928 Views)