Re: How do I switch screens while playing The Sims 4?

by Petty104

Original Post

Accepted Solution

How do I switch screens while playing The Sims 4?

★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
I want to talk about something you don't mention above:
How accessible is the current experience? Annoying, but OK
Summarize what in the product is difficult to use. There are three options: Fullscreen, Windowed Fullscreen, and Windowed. Only the Windowed version allows me to switch out of the game to other screens. I believed that Windowed Fullscreen should be able to do the trick too, but I can't seem to find a way. I normally use F3 for this function, but it doesn't work here.
How is this making it more difficult? I'm not able to check other things such as my messages, notifications, social media accounts, and more. I can't pause to do anything else unless I save and quit the game, or perhaps even force quit it.
How can we reproduce this experience? If there isn't a way, then I suggest let it work for the Windowed Fullscreen version. Currently, it feels like there's no difference between the Windowed Fullscreen version and the Fullscreen version.

I'm on a Mac, and I want to switch out of the game to other screens or windows in the middle of playing without having to save and quit the game.

I just got the game and yes, I'm aware that there are options to play the game in Fullscreen, Windowed Fullscreen, and Windowed. I can't switch out of it (aka use F3) while in Fullscreen and in Windowed Fullscreen. I can when in Windowed but I don't want to see the Dock below and the menu bar on top. I want to play the game in fullscreen while still able to switch between screens.

I'd rather not quit or force quit the game because I'm just pausing to check on other things, like messages, notifications, social media accounts, and others.

I've tried F3 (which I normally use) and Hot Corners (which I never use), but neither of them work. Please let me know if there are other ways. I'd like to think that quitting is not an option.

Message 1 of 4 (17,689 Views)

Accepted Solution

★ Novice
Nope, I can't.

But I found what I should've done.

Yes, it's still the case that I can't switch screens when in Fullscreen and in Windowed Fullscreen. When in Windowed, though, I just had to click the green fullscreen button on the upper left (like in any window, really) then switching screens would work again.

I'm not sure why it doesn't work with Windowed Fullscreen, at least.

(I also feel pretty dumb from not getting this in the first place, but at least I found it a couple of days after.)

View in thread

Message 3 of 4 (17,710 Views)

All Replies

@Petty104

I don't know what Mac you have but can you not switch between desktops when in fullscreen?

You can hide your Dock in System Preferences > Dock.

When you move the cursor to the top of the screen and the menu bar appears, can you not minimise the game to the Dock?

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 2 of 4 (17,633 Views)

★ Novice
Nope, I can't.

But I found what I should've done.

Yes, it's still the case that I can't switch screens when in Fullscreen and in Windowed Fullscreen. When in Windowed, though, I just had to click the green fullscreen button on the upper left (like in any window, really) then switching screens would work again.

I'm not sure why it doesn't work with Windowed Fullscreen, at least.

(I also feel pretty dumb from not getting this in the first place, but at least I found it a couple of days after.)
Message 3 of 4 (17,711 Views)

★★★ Newbie

what green fullscreen where do i  find that

Message 4 of 4 (2,955 Views)