How do I rotate objects in build mode on The Sims 4 for Mac?

by Mimsmere3

Original Post

How do I rotate objects in build mode on The Sims 4 for Mac?

★★★ Newbie

How do I rotate objects in build mode on The Sims 4 for Mac? I honestly have no idea and I'm not sure what to try. But rotating objects is obviously important if you want your Sims to be able to use objects, right? So, how do I do it? It wasn't covered in the tutorial, to my knowledge.

Message 1 of 5 (138,042 Views)

Re: How do I rotate objects in build mode on The Sims 4 for Mac?

★★★ Novice

Holding the object and pressing the "," and "." keys should rotate it (I have an Irish keyboard layout, this may be different for you if your keyboard is different). It's a bit confusing because pressing those keys when you're not holding an object rotates the camera!

Message 2 of 5 (137,961 Views)

★★ Novice

you basically click the object then hold down shift at the same time press this symbol > or < depending on which way you want to rotate

yes this is for the mac

Message 3 of 5 (132,718 Views)

★ Novice
@Mimsmere3 Right click
Message 4 of 5 (54,901 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Using the , (comma) and . (period) keys when the item is selected works for me - I image they chose those cause they have the < and > arrows on them, to indicate which way you're rotating.  They also work to rotate the camera when an object isn't selected (which personally I find slightly annoying, as I often try to rotate the view when moving an object to place it better, only for the object to rotate rather than the camera).

Message 5 of 5 (54,870 Views)