How do I get Sims 3 64-bit update for Mac

by laurenrosep

Original Post

Re: [SOLVED] 64-bit Sims 3 content not in Origin library

★★ Novice
@puzzlezaddict I just realised what you wrote, I feel so silly.
I'll try again and let you know Standard smile Thank you for the help
Message 291 of 694 (1,064 Views)

Re: [SOLVED] 64-bit Sims 3 content not in Origin library

★★ Novice
@puzzlezaddict Thank you for your help I have everything working Standard smile
Message 292 of 694 (1,035 Views)

Third party purchase compatible with Mac?

★★ Novice

I bought sims 3 ambitions through a third party site, the game key worked and it shows up as "unlocked" on my origin account, but it won't allow me to download it. I am playing on a mid 2012 macbook pro. I realize that the version I purchased might only be compatible with windows. Is there any way that I can still make the game work?

Message 293 of 694 (473 Views)

Re: Third party purchase compatible with Mac?

@lovetosim3444  Owning Sims 3 in Origin means you have the rights to the Windows version and both Mac versions, 32- and 64-bit.  But often enough, the "entitlement," as it's called, for the 64-bit Mac version doesn't get added for new purchases.  It's easy enough for EA customer support to solve, but you'll need to contact them and request the entitlement for the 64-bit version of Ambitions.

https://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/

Be sure to select the Sims 3 base game when submitting the request.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 294 of 694 (455 Views)

★★ Novice
@puzzlezaddict Thanks! When I submit the request, what’s the best topic to put it under? If it matters at all.
Message 295 of 694 (452 Views)

@lovetosim3444  The best topic is the one that gives you the option for a live chat, which is better than a phone call (not necessarily free) or email (you might get a list of common but irrelevant troubleshooting steps).  Something under "Missing content" should be fine; feel free to back out and pick a different category if you don't see the live chat option the first time.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 296 of 694 (441 Views)

★★ Novice
@puzzlezaddict Thanks so much, you're a life saver!
Message 297 of 694 (434 Views)

Re: New Apple M1 Chip - is Sims 3 compatible?

★ Novice
@puzzlezaddict I'm having the same exact problem, it says that my sistem is not compatible with games with 32 bits, I'll have to report it as well, which option do I have to choose in order to complain to get my 64-bit version of the Sims 3?
Message 298 of 694 (1,769 Views)

Re: New Apple M1 Chip - is Sims 3 compatible?

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

@_Marce_Cr_Cr  By this link! Say you lack 64 bit entitlement for sims 3

Message 299 of 694 (1,750 Views)

How do I get Sims 3 64-bit update for Mac

★★★ Novice

Hello, I recently got a new MacBook (2020) with OS Catalina, and I went to play my Sims 3 game only to find out it was no longer supported because it was 32-bit. I see that there has since been a 64-bit update release that is supposed to make it compatible. Everything I see keeps saying it should automatically apply to my EA account but I in Origin it is still telling me its 32 bit and not compatible with my device. Any ideas how I should be able to get it working? Thank you!

Message 300 of 694 (592 Views)